Relocating to Rexburg area.

eckman

Can anyone share any info on this area of idaho? My wife wants to take a job there. How is the hunting and fishing? Do you have to drive far? I see the price of houses is alot cheaper than down here in AZ. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've only driven through there, so I don't know much about it. I do know that the girls there definitely like guys with skills. You know, drawing skills, computer hacking skills, numb-chuck skills, etc.... ;)

Seriously though, good luck in Idaho! Different world than down here in the southwest....

S.

:)

Rexburg is a nice town. Home of BYU-Idaho, a 4 year LDS school. It is growing like crazy. Home prices may seem cheap to you but they have skyrocketed in Idaho and in particular that area in the last 4 years. It is a mormon town for sure, how much that bothers you is really up to you. I live in Pocatello and love eastern Idaho. Rexburg is close enough you can hunt pretty much anywhere in east Idaho with less than a 2 hour drive. You are probably less than an hour from quality deer and elk hunting and the fishing in the area is really good (get a drift or jet boat).

Good luck to ya! Let me know if I can answer any other questions about eastern Idaho.

I live in Idaho falls, 25 30 miles south of Rexburg.
Fishing and hunting is about all that there is to do, and it is close to town.
If you are an atver the sand dunes are close and are a great place to go ride.
I once filmed a herd of 75 + bull elk about 5 miles west of town during the winter.
Rexburg is a total LDS town, I don't think they even sell beer in the stores and they roll up the sidewalks on sunday. I guess you could consider that a good thing??

If It were my choice I would look at Idaho Falls.

HAHA.. I know a Guy selling a house there. It's a Big one, whats your Price range ? It's a good place to live I would think.

I might have a Lead on a House for you if you're interested. I'll know more about it Monday If you are serious and are gunna move there.....

I grew up about 15 miles south of Rexburg in Rigby.

Excellent hunting and top notch, blue ribbon fishing very close. You have the Snake system, Teton, Henry's Lake all within spitting distance.

If I could find a job there, I'd move in a heartbeat.

It's changed some in the last 10 years, but it's still tough to beat IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back