Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Red Legs Run

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Screw the Turkey Trot Henry sez. Take me chukar hunting instead! So I did.:)

We survived yesterday's monsoon, after managing to scratch out a limit of roosters without drowning. We broke out dry boots and headed for a new spot to try out.

chukars Henry 001.jpg
chukars Henry 002.jpg
chukars Henry 003.jpg

Not sure if Henry was off his game today, or the birds were just extra neurotic today. Out of seven covies, four of them flushed before Henry pointed. Rules of engagement are, no point, no shooting. So, I watched about 60 birds sail away unscathed and unharassed.:mad:

We did have a few nice points though, and Henry did a nice track job on a cripple I sailed down the hill.

chukars Henry 004.jpg
chukars Henry 006.jpg
chukars Henry 008.jpg

Henry's tank is on E, I think the little man is about comatose right now.:W:

My knees hurt just looking at those pictures! How are Henry's feet? That basalt can be pad killers.

My knees hurt just looking at those pictures! How are Henry's feet? That basalt can be pad killers.

His feet are in pretty good shape. The hard days pheasant hunting are actually tougher on them because it wears the tops of his toes raw from running through the heavy cover.

Chukar hunting is not an old fat man's sport. It used to flat out wear me out as a young man in my prime when I lived in Utah. I can still hear the sound of them mocking me, and that sound ALWAYS came from above. Good job on your hunt and nice photos.

That makes me want to go out this weekend. The dog would love me more if we do. What state are you hunting in? Montana?

That makes me want to go out this weekend. The dog would love me more if we do. What state are you hunting in? Montana?

Washington. Most folks think of the Montana and Dakota prairies for Huns, but we got into some of the best Hun hunting I've ever had the other day. I could see the Seven Devils in Idaho from there. Fantastic day.

IME in only a few trips, the Palouse has lots of huns. I've shot a few up there. My pard went to college in Moscow. He said a skiff of snow on the picked fields and one could slay the huns.

IME in only a few trips, the Palouse has lots of huns. I've shot a few up there. My pard went to college in Moscow. He said a skiff of snow on the picked fields and one could slay the huns.

The Palouse is okay for huns. I do much better (on a consistent basis) for huns down in Hells Canyon and the Blue Mountain foothills.

JLS, might I ask how old your pup is? I have a dog that looks like he could be his brother that is 2 out of Nama, ID.

He is 18 months old, out of Bone Point Kennels in Baker City, OR.

He is good looking. Not related, but looks like they could be. Is he a Wirehair or a DD? We are thinking of getting our next pup soon and my wife loves the coat and color.

He is good looking. Not related, but looks like they could be. Is he a Wirehair or a DD? We are thinking of getting our next pup soon and my wife loves the coat and color.

Thank you. He is a wirehair. I absolutely love his personality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back