Caribou Gear

Recommended Reading ?

There's a trilogy by Ivan Doig that begins with English Creek that is some of the best writing I've ever read. Old west homesteading and love and loss type stuff. Doig's personal memoir, This House of Sky, is equally amazing.

The new CJ Box book comes out tomorrow ! Nothing like reading about Joe Pickett and his friend Nate Rowmanoski! It's good to know Wyoming is safe!

Last edited:
http://whitecloudliterary.com/Calliope's-Call.php

This is a link to Wallace Swenson's site, and he cranked out quite a few books in the 14 years he wrote, but we lost him not too many months ago. A long time member of the Mauser Central forum, Wally was a great man and mentor to many, and I'd recommend acquiring "The Journey to the White Clouds", a series of 5 books which Wally was very proud of.

Wally was born in a small town in SE Idaho, lived there, wrote there, and died there. He's an undiscovered jewel in the adventure literary world. Highly recommend!!!

Last edited:
Along with Jim Corbett, all of Peter Hathaway's books are superbly written and interesting. He's written a variety of them. Stories about big game hunting in Africa, historical hunts and hunters like Corbett, and then Sasha Seimel, who hunted Jaguar's by waiting for them to lunge, and then impaling them on a short spear. Now those guys had guts.

Gittin western by duane wiltse. Its about his tales of being an outfitter in the wilderness of wyoming for 30 years. I was able to guide side by side with duane last year and read his book while sharing a camp fire with him. At 78 years old the man is still an elk slayer and I learned more about elk and elk hunting from him in those 4 weeks of guiding than I ever will on my own.
His book is one of the finest Ive ever read.

The Cheechakoes by Wayne Short. Alaska hunting, fishing, and living off the land. Easy and good read. Any of Renella's books. A Hunter's Heart, which is a bunch of short stories/essays on the internal struggle of hunting and killing, edited by David Peterson. Blue Lines and Mouthful of Feathers (only available in kindle) by Tom Reed.

Criteria: light, paperback, lots of pages, holds attention. If I had to read one fiction book that fit this criteria the rest of my life over and over again, it would have to be Without Remorse by Tom Clancy.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back