Caribou Gear

Reasonably priced quiet rain gear

SFC B

I am looking for some reasonably priced, quiet, hunting rain gear. I would love to get some Sitka gear but that is not currently in the budget. Any suggestions?

You might be a little late, but all the Russell APXG2 gear has been on closeout since they are getting out of the hunting market. I had a set and was happy with them, but ended up spending a little more on a set of the Core4 raingear.

I know for a while you could pick up a set of the APXG2 in Kings Mountain Shadow for $100.

What's your budget you are trying to stay under and
what features are you looking at from your rain gear?

Hydrostatic ratings for both breath ability and resistance from
the outer shell with moisture coming in often vary greatly
with 'waterproof' gear. 3 layer, 2 layer, materials used, linings
etc all count towards how well you stay dry and warm.

Are the seams taped with a Chinese made tape or a European
product? Hood design is important, articulated sleeve, ventilated
armpits have their positives and negatives.

Are you covering big distances hunting in it or staying relatively
motionless? Do u need camo?

Before I spend on rain gear I answer a few questions and buy the
product that suits my needs best within my budget.

A few companies over here in the South Pacific make good
rain gear, but certainly it would be hard to compete price wise with
what you guys can get gear for.

Good luck, having a waterproof out shell is one of my most important
pieces of backpacking gear.

Kinda like running a personal ad for a nymphomaniac Playboy bunny who loves to cook and clean...

Gotta figure out what you can sacrifice and still be happy...For me it was the "Quiet" factor.

What size are you looking for? I have a set of Kings in the des. camo in an XL i would let go for a reasonable price.

Cabelas Space Rain- I have the jacket and it is packable and lightweight. I have not put the pants through the paces as I have been using my MT050 pants.

My budget is around 150-200 for a set. I am concerned about noise but am not a bow hunter. I need a gooddealo breathabiliy because I run pretty hot even under low stress condiions. As for construction, I am not versed in the terms the trade. I get what having taped seams means but that is about it. Thanks for ideas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back