Quietest bow?

I will also add... Being mainly a die hard Hoyt guy throughout my life... I bought a Mathews Phase 4 last year... quietest compound I've ever owned, hands down. Every time I shoot any of my Hoyts now, it sounds like a grenade is going off to me. I do believe that Mathews always were a bit heavier than the other bows, but now they are much lighter than they used to be, which has removed that draw back for me.
I shot a bunch of different compounds last spring. The Phase 4 was without a doubt the quietest one. It’s also the one I went home with.

Currently shooting 2015 Hoyt Nitrum but am noticing it seems to be getting loud. Thinking about trying out a Mathews, as they seem pretty darn quiet, dead in the hand, and smooth. What's your opinions on the quietest bow in the last 2-3 years-current?

Surprised they actually don't advertise as the most quiet.... It would be a great selling point I would think.
Why is noise so critical? Do you whitetail hunt?

Any animal can jump the string if its loud and the bow is slower and depending on the distance.
Shot my elk with a slow, loud bow at 55.. he heard it and definetly didnt jump. Ive not heard of this as a problem for elk or muleys - only whitetail.

Shot my elk with a slow, loud bow at 55.. he heard it and definetly didnt jump. Ive not heard of this as a problem for elk or muleys - only whitetail.
If he was rutted up as they usually are during archery season, he probably didn't care mind on the ladies. Lol, I have had muleys jump/bounce, and a bear this past fall jump the string I seen that with my own eyes at 41 yards when we looked back at the video the son-in-law took.

Ive always chalked that up to justification for poor shots.

Have you seen that personally?
Hunting buddy of mine took a shot at a cow around 35 yards. I'm sure she knew we were there but couldn't find us. No blood anywhere. Took a look back at the gopro and what we could see she dropped and spun way. The bear video was a better camera than the old gopro and in slow motion you could watch the bear jump back before the arrow disappeared out of view.

Yes. Both times on bulls that had just finished a tussle with another bull. I chalked it up to them being amped up from the fight.

I've seen everything from elk to coyotes jump the string. I think it's just the natural movement. If they are startled by the noise they load up all for legs to run and naturally they drop towards the ground. The whitetail variety is definitely the worst tho.

Why is noise so critical? Do you whitetail hunt?
All the time. Also had a 350" bull drop and turn this year. Not a shred of doubt he heard the bow or the arrow. Never had them turn inside out like he did. Quiet morning, which didn't help, but re-watching the footage I realized how loud the bow was and that I wasn't letting that happen again.

I'll also add that Phase 4 is stoopid quiet.

I nearly barfed when I bought it because of the $, but it sure has made shooting a bow fun again.

Look into Bowjax. They have a bunch of different vibration dampening pieces for your stabilizer, string, and limbs.

I had a buddy a couple years back that had really good results with his bow. Not sure what it was, but it cut down on the noise quite a bit.

I’ve had it happen too, 47 yards, bull was fully turned and leaving by the time the arrow got there and I was shooting a brand new “quiet” bow at 303fps.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back