Reacher!

I liked this new series and I liked the Tom Cruise movies. But the series definitely has much more of the flavor of the books.

I see now a guy can survive a beating with a crow bar. Cool

I like the books.
My bro told me about the zon versions yesterday. Might have to (cringe) log back into zon. They changed my password for me,how nice of them. Trying to get a replacement,but they don't like swearing...

I prefer the books to the on-screen versions.
My mind pictures a different scenario. 💥

Last edited:
I started watching it this morning while riding my bike... Anything is better than nothing while doing that.

I found it sort of okay, but hardly on par with the TC movies. The movies were far better filmed and produced and Cruise, however much you may hate him, 10x a better actor than this guy. Basically, seems like a modern day John Wayne sort of character with more muscles, less gut, i.e., a good-guy bully with a ton of attitude. But better than nothing...

Love the books. The movies were entertaining but not what I had envisioned. Watched the first episode of the new series and found it a little slow. Physically he's more the Reacher of the books, but it didn't go much further than that. Will probably continue watching it, but hard to beat the books imo.

I started watching it this morning while riding my bike... Anything is better than nothing while doing that.

I found it sort of okay, but hardly on par with the TC movies. The movies were far better filmed and produced and Cruise, however much you may hate him, 10x a better actor than this guy. Basically, seems like a modern day John Wayne sort of character with more muscles, less gut, i.e., a good-guy bully with a ton of attitude. But better than nothing...
Have you read any of he books?

No. So, I don't have any particular expectations coming in. I'm sure that makes a difference.

I kinda got to liking the new guy's habit of not talking because he tends to deliver his lines about like he delivers a punch. :)
That’s completely in character with the books.

“He speaks when he wants to.”

That’s completely in character with the books.

“He speaks when he wants to.”

You guys are definitely not making me interested in reading the books, that's for sure.

Dialog is what makes a novel. The best ones anyway.

Maybe Reacher should go retro and be a silent movie...

Honestly, I get tired of an over abundance of all-about-me attitude sometimes.

But heck, don't let me drag this down. I just wanted to give an different perspective. Pretty obviously, I am in the minority.

Just for a little more contrast. I loved at least the first 4 seasons of Amazon's Vikings - and I saw all of those on my bike too. Great acting, great filming and production, great acting (mostly). Reacher isn't even in the same class - in my opinion.

Okay, enough.

Back