Raybow?

LSUbengal

Anyone heard from Raybow lately? I am sure he's dragging monster critters out of the rainforest! It's about time we go kill some more critters together buddy! DS

Wow! That makes him about as dead as me!!! Thanks Kansasdad He's a dear friend I have shared great hunts with and have lost contact with. If anyone has a way to contact him please let me know. On a similar note, I'll give a shout out to A-con.....the artist formally known as Anaconda!.......as dedicated of a hunting partner as a man could ever have! And Indy Jay.....if there was one guy I would want to share camp with again........it would have to be him! I have been on the mountain with more than a dozen guys from this site and it doesn't get any better than those two! Life is short!.....Hunt long......and Live Large! DS

Thanks BOHNTR!!! .....its a little weird seeing guys with 400 posts listed as "Senior" members! So is DanR or whatever his handle was, and Elkhunter, and Shadow and Colorado Elk Guide and Ol' Bob and B'cat and LMH and any of those guys still posting? DS

Not very often anymore.......in fact I haven't seen those folks post in quite a while. Heck you posting their handles up bring back some good memories.

I have to say this about Raybow............he wanted me to take him on his first Rocky Mountain elk hunt.He had already killed several "booner Roosevelts mind you! So we're at 10,000' and it's blizzard conditions......total whiteout....about the 5th day I think. Two tags left to fill......Ray's and another gentleman Draftstud knows well. Zero visabilaty and we are questioning why we are even on the mountain! I spot a bull at 100 yards and though it's faint it's clearly a shooter. As I get the older gentleman prepared for the shot, I catch movement across the rise just as the snow eases. At about 300 yds there are 6 elk and one's a shooter bull. I tell Raybow to let the gentleman shoot first then try and take a double on the other bull at longer range. Raybow says no problem.....only I'm looking at him holding his ol"granpappy's beat up rifle from a century afore....no scope and beat to hell!.......I say "your kidding me !..........he says "let 'er ride!"..........so we did and as the elder gentleman shoots the first bull the small herd on the rise takes off as though a fire had been lit under them! The 300yds is growing to 400 as Raybow slowly takes aim with the open sight..............then squeezes and the big bull collapses on the horizon.....no shit......the stuff legends are made of.........and with grandpappy's lever action no less!!!!!!!!!..........That's one of many hunts that will be etched in my mind for eternity! DS

Good memories yeah!...........but times they do change. I'm an old man now a dozen years later and different things bring importance to me now. A man learns what the important things are and lets go of a lot of the rest......you know what I mean. But that don' t mean the days of the "Gathering" and all that hoopla around it wasn't fun! Hell, I'm the one who created that as a 'cou to leave the other site we were all on......and I can't even remember the name of it.......though Buzz or Delw might can. I think a dude by the name of Josh ran it. He was a Tyrant.....or so we said,hehehehehe. Oh my!!!, Those last letters looked like old B'cat was back! Anyone heard from him?.....I Haven't since he threatened to kick my ass back in '01.......oh, but that's right, he threatened to kick EVERYONE'S ass in '01!!!!!!!!! A long time ago.........but it was fun........... DS

huntinfo.com was the site that spawned "The Gathering" and greatly increased the population of this place. That would have been about the turn of the century. One from those days that has shown up a few random times is Thumper, who I think was Bcat's cousin. I can't recall the others you've asked about posting in a very long time.

I least now we don't have to put up with RavenBeauty making those huge avatar's for everyone...about killed my dial-up at the time to load the pages back then.

Hey 1-pointer...glad to see your still around! Hell, I figured you'd at least be an "8-pointer" by now!
Thumper is one I was trying to think of...........from Arkansas I believe....which possibly makes him everyone's cousin! Last I remember of him he was paying 'ol Bcat about $5000 for a slam......which consisted of a snowmobile kitty hunt and ending with the release of a purchased Bison of which Thumper wanted to harvest "indian stlye"..via horseback and long bow!!!!!! I think they wound up scratching the horse and long bow and opted instead for an SKS with a 100 round banana clip! When the trailer door opened and that Bison's hoofs hit earth he lit out like a scalded dog!!!!! Amidst the rapid-fire and the cloud of dust.........no blood was drawn.and legend has it that to this day a big ol' Booner Bison roams the Huston Wilderness!

Aw Raven Beauty......there's a story or ten to be told there!........but I won't bore anyone with them now. How is her and Shadowrider's religious website going?..........they still spreading the good word? DS

Nope, still just 1/2 a spike, but fatter, balder, and not near as much fun as I used to be... ;)

I have no idea on the religious website. Never followed them after they left here.

Back