range finders

old man

I have been reading many posts on range finders, and everyone seems to have complaints about all but the true pricy ones. I do not need a range finder if i have to pay$ 400. Or more for it. Is their anyone out there that has owend a $280 or less priced range finder for three yaers or more and is happy with it? Even thou i am moving to wy. Next year i don't plan on shooting farther than 300 yards.

The Nikons work good enough, you should be able to find a 600 (only really reliable to 400) in that price range.

I had a Nikon and it drove me crazy-harder to see the black X when scanning and tough ranging in fields. I finally returned it and am gonna pay the extra dough for a Leica (~600). The Red LED is much more visible, better, laser, and to me worth it overall.

I bought a bushnell 800 on sale for 150 but only use it for archery. I have trouble reaching past 400 with it. If you're not using it for long range shooting should be somewhat easy to find in your price range.

keep the answers coming until i am convinced on one. also would like to know how the rangefinder knows what your target is. i have tried many of them in the stores and always got way off ranges from the same target.

In my opinion Redfield offers the best quality for the value minded sportsman. I love my rangefinder and binos.

Nikon Riflehunter 550 for a couple years...$180 out of the Cablea's bargain cave. I love it. I recommend it to anyone looking that does not need extreme yardages.

jgraider owned bushnell bynoes and had a problem with them and was not happy with service.don't plan on buying another bushnell product.

The RX-1000 with DNA and TBR seem to be one of the best reviewed and still compact unit. Everyone I sold a unit to seems to really like them.

I've got the RX 1000 and love it too but it isn't in his pricerange. Leupold does have other units in his range though.

Ive got an old bushnell scout for many years but its max range is about 400 yrds{couple hundred $ at the time}I use it for bow hunting and i got a nikon 1200 a year ago for long range but its a little bulkyer than i like,,,Ive only been able to get about 1000 yrds out of it though,,,be aware that most range finders max specs are under perfect conditions so id recomend getting one that will go further than your max shot.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back