Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Range finder help

I would think the majority of rangefinders should be good to 400 so your options should be pretty wide open. I too use the Vortex ranger

Im very happy with the leica 1200 yrd. My wife picked up for me.
I have ranged things to 1157 yrds.
Im looking at the new one with more distance ...im shooting targets at 1337 yrds now with my 300 ultra set up .
I will purchase the Leica hands down for sure . I havent had any trouble with the one I have now . I think my wife paid $ 549.00 . When they came out .

MT.PERCHMAN

I have had a Nikon 800 and it was fine to about 400 on Antelope until it died one day. Dealing with Nikon warranty folks is an effort in frustration they wanted to charge more to repair than I could buy a new one for. Told them to stick it where the sun didn't shine. Then I bought another range finder and a month after that a new Nikon 800 showed up for no charge. I sold it to recover some of the cost of the one I bought.
A friend who has an archery shop sent another Nikon 1200 in for warranty repair for a customer. Nikon said they never received it so the shop bought the customer a new range finder since he felt responsible for the loss in the mail "no insurance" Once again several months later a new range finder showed up with a note that they made a mistake and had received the unit to start with. Since these issues I will never buy another Nikon product. The product is okay but the customer service is very poor. I have used Swarovsky and Leica and both are excellent. I have not had any experience with Leupold.
Dan

Cabelas deal was too good to pass up. Blew some points and picked up the leica for $220 :hump:

Jeez Louise.....that is a deal. How long is sale?
I did find my Vortex last night and used it for basic surveying job in the Gila today,fun. It works.

I'm guessing the sale is going to run until they sell out. Probably going to be a short sale. I have been saving up my cabelas points since about Feb. to use on a leica.

Vortex doesn't hold a candle to Leica rangefinders. I've used both at the same time and it's not even close. I had a Leupold too at one point and it was decent but the Leica smoked it too so I own the Leica.
Find a slightly outdated Leica model on sale somewhere and you can thank me later for saving you $ on a bad ass rangefinder.

I went with the vortex over the Leica because a leica doesn't work for archery also...

I went with the vortex over the Leica because a leica doesn't work for archery also...

How's that? It goes down to 10 yds.
That deal on the Leicas is insane and anyone looking for an awesome rangefinder should jump on that deal in a hurry. Their is no comparison when considering the top 3 manufactures and their rangefinders. I've had 3 other brands and while they worked for archery fine they don't compare out in the field ranging animals like antelope or elk in the flat grassland.

It does say they are brand new and come with the warranty.

The 1200 Leupold sent me has been fantastic. Easily hit junipers at 1k+ the last time I had it out coyote hunting. That is a big step up from the 1000 that I had on soft targets.

I jumped on the Cabelas deal for the Leica 1000 @ $389. It is simply amazing. Much better than any other one I have used. Love it!

I'm not sure what was meant by the post above that it won't work for archery, do you use a rangefinder for under 10 yards?

I jumped on the Cabelas deal for the Leica 1000 @ $389. It is simply amazing. Much better than any other one I have used. Love it!

I'm not sure what was meant by the post above that it won't work for archery, do you use a rangefinder for under 10 yards?

I think he means it won't compensate for shots on angled ground :confused:

But it does :W:

Gunner46, Have you decided what to buy? I own a Nikon Rifle hunter 500 and it is ok. I rarely get a full 500 yds out of it, but I have taken readings north of 450. I bought it because it gives angle compensation and wouldn't break the bank. My biggest compliant on by Nikon is that the glass is dark and the display is black making it very difficult in lower light situations.

I have use a coupe Leicas in the past and I loved them. They are spot on and the red display is great.

My father in-law and one of my buddies both bought Vortex Rangers and they seem pretty sweet. They have brighter glass than the Nikon's, that I have looked through, and have a red display similar to the Leica. I know it sounds silly to keep talking about the red display but in lower light situations (morning, evening, overcast...) it makes a big difference.

Yeah, I made my decision and got one. As I stated originally, $$ were a major consideration, and all I really wanted was a rangefinder that would let me know if I was within my self-imposed 400 yds limit. Therefore I didn't need accurate reeding beyond that range. I could care less if it was +/- 1 yds at 600 yds, past 400, done. Get closer.

After reading about 1000 opinions & consumer reviews I bought a Bresser 800. From what was said about it, I could expect fairly consistent, good reading out to about 450. $116 shipped, from Amazon.

No, it's not Top Quality and I don't expect it to last 20 yrs. Yes, it has some limitations and all it really has to do is work for about 10 days.

So far, It's doing what I expect it to do.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back