Ranching in the Root in the 21st Century

I couldn't find anything that concerns me. Not sure why they are calling this a ranch?

I know it well. As hnt4life alluded to, it's really a research property that happens to have cows. They sent a bunch of presenters to the professional range conference last year. It's outrageously inefficient in operation, but that's academia for ya'.

They're very transparent with what they're doing, have no interest in subdividing, have been very interactive with the local communities, and have kept/created a lot of local jobs. They've also really helped out the elk population in that part of the valley.

As far as I'm concerned, it's their private property that they can do with as thy please, and they have no obligation to do any of the above. I have a hard time finding anything to complain about from here, but I'm all ears if I'm missing something.

One of the better biologists we've had here runs the place I think. There are several places in the valley that do the things Randy mentioned. They don't advertide research, but do positive things for the land and wildlife. mtmuley

Maybe they will include hunter/wildlife interaction in their research. Block Management?

They had some late season cow hunts there, also youth cow hunts during the season.

They're very transparent with what they're doing, have no interest in subdividing, have been very interactive with the local communities, and have kept/created a lot of local jobs. They've also really helped out the elk population in that part of the valley.

As far as I'm concerned, it's their private property that they can do with as thy please, and they have no obligation to do any of the above. I have a hard time finding anything to complain about from here, but I'm all ears if I'm missing something.

...figgered you for the esoteric communal bohemeian.:D

NTTAWWT

I've had a few casual conversations with a guy that is involved with this outfit. Any idea how the owner made his money?

Care to share? The only thing that came up was a Chicago holding company address.

I once worked with a "rancher" that made is fortune in the adult toys industry. He quickly spent his new found fortune on this place which bled him dry in restoration and operating costs.

Back