Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Quick poll - Shooter?

Would you pull the trigger on this deer?

• Yes, every day and twice on Sunday

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • In my usual hunting area, Yes, but not on my dream tag

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Last Day Buck

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nope, Never a shooter.

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
I wish there was a profile of him, but he's tall enough that I would have a hard time passing on that alone. Combine that with the chocolate brown color, those barnacle-ish bases, and that old weathered face of his, and I think autopilot would engage.

Probably in any district.

Looks like my buck from last year
Buck2014_zpscc0dfbf3.jpg

If he stuck around and gave me a chance to really look him over, I hope I'd talk myself in to it and be pretty happy that I did. If I had to make a snap judgement, I'd let him walk.

If I drew one of the special permits I apply for, he's definitely not a shooter unless it's last hour of last day.

Beings that We don't have much for mule deer in Montana anymore I"d probably look at him in aww and take a picture. Kind like the passenger pigeon. of old. Bad genetics on that guy though.

Not on my dream tag - not that I have drawn that yet - but I would shoot him, eat him, sell his great cape and do a Euro on his antlers/skull.

though there are some bigger ones out there in some states ,,Id take him in a heartbeat in oregon,,,maybe would hold off if it was in colorado,,,would be on the fence if i was in a top unit.

I would shoot it just because it's so unique. It's not just your everyday 2 point.

I'd probably pass unless it was the end of the season and I needed the meat. I'd shoot a deer with a frame like that no problem, but I am looking for forks.

Back