Quick Montana trip

Wow! Fantastic! Grats. Heading out from home now on a plight to find a critter or two.
Seeing your post is akin to watching PGA and then going golfing... haha!
Terrible golfer - excited for that one true tune ping and on the green and suddenly all is good.
Very nice. Great harvest!

Nice animals. Hope you where able to bring your son along, as he certainly has to be of age to enjoy going hunting with dad.

I hope the wifey is excited and supportive of your efforts, especially as well as you all like the wild meat. :)

Sounds a lot like my trip except I just got back to NY after driving to Dillon area, hunting archery for 2 weeks and then staying for the MT rifle opener, then driving back 5k miles total with no meat to show for it. Congrats on a good trip and good job making it sound easy!

Sounds a lot like my trip except I just got back to NY after driving to Dillon area, hunting archery for 2 weeks and then staying for the MT rifle opener, then driving back 5k miles total with no meat to show for it. Congrats on a good trip and good job making it sound easy!

judas. That’s a haul. Having lived in Billings for 11 years and having buddies to have lived there their whole lives helps. That’s a long A$$ drive.

Guys from Alaska will argue, but this is just one of many things that makes Montana the best hunting state...

On Sunday morning I saw the weather forecast for Monday and decided to get back to the old stomping grounds for a day or two.

It took 6 hours to get from Ennis to Harlowtown with the roads Sunday afternoon.

Was able to fill my Montana elk and deer tags. Both on public. I got a little trigger happy with the buck but super pumped about my best bull to date. Here’s some pics.

Back in Bozeman last night. Everything is warming up and the dirt roads are really going to get sloppy today I bet. Took the ATVs just in case but they never made it off the trailer.

View attachment 159826View attachment 159828View attachment 159829View attachment 159830View attachment 159831View attachment 159832View attachment 159833View attachment 159834
Those are some beauties. Congrats!

On Sunday morning I saw the weather forecast for Monday and decided to get back to the old stomping grounds for a day or two.

It took 6 hours to get from Ennis to Harlowtown with the roads Sunday afternoon.

Was able to fill my Montana elk and deer tags. Both on public. I got a little trigger happy with the buck but super pumped about my best bull to date. Here’s some pics.

Back in Bozeman last night. Everything is warming up and the dirt roads are really going to get sloppy today I bet. Took the ATVs just in case but they never made it off the trailer.

View attachment 159826View attachment 159828View attachment 159829View attachment 159830View attachment 159831View attachment 159832View attachment 159833View attachment 159834
👍🏻

Back