Questions for Tundra Owners

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I think I've identified your problem, I'd never buy a used vehicle with a lift unless I know exactly who or what shop installed it, that's just asking for trouble...
Never had an issue with suspension, tires, alignment or ride, etc. The AIP issue gets a lot of traffic on Tundra forums and has nothing to do with a lift.

The AIP issue gets a lot of traffic on Tundra forums and has nothing to do with a lift.

I did read about the AIP thing before buying, it was only an issue on some of the 2007-2010 trucks if I remember right but Toyota extended the warranty repair for it, and for any model years after that it was pretty rare.

I have an 08 Crew max. I have close to 200K miles. I bought it new. I don't run chains. It handles really well with good tires in the snow and with good tires. I've had an o2 sensor that has been out for 100k miles and the mechanic tells me I'll need a new radiator and water pump soon. The brake rotors are warped. Only take one dder jumping in front of you for that. I absolutely love my truck. I like how my back seats fold forward. I don't think I'd even upgrade to a newer one at this point. Gas mileage could be better (especially pulling a trailer) and I haul gas when I go to eastern Montana because I have a smaller gas tank. I live in Bozeman and drive to Big Sky a lot for work and it handles like a dream in snow and offroad. Definitely would recommend it to anyone

Here's to dented quarter panels, pinstriping, a half dozen windshields, and a bunch of adventures!
I called my hunting buddy after I sold the Dodge and we were laughing and reminiscing about some of the places we took (and shouldn't have) the Ram. 4 Lo and a spotter can get you in some amazing places.

I don't believe this pickup has ever seen dirt.

I called my hunting buddy after I sold the Dodge and we were laughing and reminiscing about some of the places we took (and shouldn't have) the Ram. 4 Lo and a spotter can get you in some amazing places.

I can't wait for your before and after pics 5 years from now.

I'll give those step bars three months.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking those might be better off on Craigslist.
I don't know about you, but after a long day of chasing red legs, I usually wish I had a pair of them on my truck. It sucks getting old.

I don't know about you, but after a long day of chasing red legs, I usually wish I had a pair of them on my truck. It sucks getting old.
I like them, but I also had to replace a set on my Dodge after an ill advised dry wash crossing. I’ll have to think on this, and see how much it concerns me. I plan on doing a 2” lift when I redo the shocks this summer, so that may alleviate some of the worry.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back