question about starting daughter off on rifle?

I plan on buying something that is capable of adjusting the stock. She is not gun shy she just didn't like it and I don't want to scare her off or make her intemidated to try something new. My buddy who is a marine sniper and police sniper has been pushing 6.5 creedmore. I reload so maybe that is a good start place seems to have similar ballistics to 308 and mild recoil.

Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance

If you reload, the sky is the limit. Get what she likes and what fits her.

I went from .22 to double pistol grip 12 gauge to the chin... Took many years to stop being recoil shy (I now prefer my 45-70 above all else). I think the first legit jump up into bigger calibers for me was a 308 with lighter loads.

Last edited:
if you reload take your choice on the 243/7-08

if not I can't speak for the 7-08 as I haven't shot one

REGARDLESS: ear plugs + ear muffs will reduce recoil, and spend the $$ to buy a spare stock and have it shortened to fit her with a good recoil pad of some nature (I like my pachmayr decelerator, but that is just me)

I hadn't put to much thought into earplugs because of the ear muffs but I think doubling up
Would help with the "fear/anticipation" factor

I went from .22 to double pistol grip 12 gauge to the chin... Took many years to stop being recoil shy (I now prefer my 45-70 above all else). I think the first legit jump up into bigger calibers for me was a 308 with lighter loads.

Yes sir guserto, a flinch that one develops from to much recoil & Muzzle blast is near impossible to overcome.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back