Put a trail camera on a deer carcass

thats pretty cool, neat to see how many different scaverngers come to a kill

Interesting is that out of 4552 pictures not a single coyote, but, the camera 30 yards up the hill had several coyotes same time frame.... Human smell on carcas?

Interesting is that out of 4552 pictures not a single coyote, but, the camera 30 yards up the hill had several coyotes same time frame.... Human smell on carcas?
That's an interesting situation. I wouldn't think 'yotes would be an more concerned with the others you had on the pile. Would be cool to hear from others as it sure seems the main difference was your scent involved dragging the deer on the spring.

Great pics BTW... is that a lynx in the one that appears a lion faced away from the cam?

That's an interesting situation. I wouldn't think 'yotes would be an more concerned with the others you had on the pile. Would be cool to hear from others as it sure seems the main difference was your scent involved dragging the deer on the spring.

Great pics BTW... is that a lynx in the one that appears a lion faced away from the cam?
Bobcat, can't tell if that is Mama or one of the kits. She's been around for a couple years now, the 3 kits showed up this spring.

Ya weird the coyotes wernt there I bait and snare coyotes off bait piles every winter and usually kill quite a few

Did the same thing and all I got was pictures of crows. Disappointed. Nice pictures

I moved to carcass a bit to hope for some better lighting on the pics, big mistake, eagle pictures have dwindled and Bobcats are non-existent. Here a a couple of cool ones though.

WGI_0826.JPGWGI_1031.JPGWGI_1483.JPG

Very cool. I did something similar a few years back. We had a few hawks, lot of raccoons, opossum, a few grey fox and coyote.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back