Pups first duck

JEL

Back in March we decided we wanted to get a water dog. I asked for and got a lot of great advice from hunt talkers on what to look for and some different breeders. On June 12 we got Nova at 8 weeks old. My son spent all summer working with her. Yesterday she got her first retrieve. She also found a wounded duck that had buried itself in some deep grass.

Attachments

• Nova1st 15.jpg
    Nova1st 15.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 400
  • NovaTate15.jpg
    NovaTate15.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 397
It was meant to be!! May you have many many great seasons of fowl chasing with her.

That is FAN-tastic! I will be watching for your next post !
Keep up the good work young man!

Super!! I hope those two have a lot of good years and retrieves ahead of them. That last pic is a classic!

Great pics and I am glad the pup is working out. Looks like a great friendship for years to come. That second picture could have been me 40 years ago except they didn't have those great neoprene waders. I had the old rubber ones that froze your toes off. I got a pup about the same time and he is doing great also, just need the ground to freeze so he retires from his excavating business in the back yard. :)

Thanks for posting these pictures. Pups turning into dogs always make a good story.

Thanks for the comments guys. She has a lot to learn but seems to be getting it. Her and my son have quite the bond.

Love it! That first retrieve is kind of like watching your kids start walking.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on the bird dog! The work training this summer paid off. I believe having a good bird dog amplifies the enjoyment of the hunt 10 fold. I wish you many years of dog and hunt enjoyment!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back