Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Pump Rifles

I picked up a Remington Model 141 Gamemaster in .35 Remington late last fall. I had a peep sight already installed, so I just changed out the front sight to a fiber optic It is extremely accurate shooting 180 grain Core-Lokt bullets. It's more of a nostalgia thing for me, but I guarantee it is going to account for several notched tags in Montana this fall.

I always liked the 7600s. Several friends had them mostly in 270. When we had a 2 deer a day limit and no season limit those fellas would stack them up. I always thought a 7600 carbine in .35 would make a fine swamp gun for deer and hogs.

Shot one of my first elk with a model 742 in 30-06, it was ok and I won it in a raffle is the only reason I had it. Traded it for a 357 mag Dan Wesson with the 9 inch target barrel.

Shot one of my first elk with a model 742 in 30-06, it was ok and I won it in a raffle is the only reason I had it. Traded it for a 357 mag Dan Wesson with the 9 inch target barrel.
743 Jam-o-matics should not be lumped into the same category as the pumps. They are a horse of a different color. I’d say that you did well on your trade

A former poster here had darned near every configuration of the pumps made! He was quite the fan. In fact, he's recently had one re-barreled to 6.5 Creedmoor! I think one would work quite well for how I hunt here in IN and if I can find the right one in the right price, I'll likely pick one up. It might even end up as 9.3X62...

My dad had a Remington 7600 Carbine in 30-06 that was a wonderful whitetail gun in South Arkansas. My brother ended up with it much to my chagrin. I enjoyed shooting and carrying it when I had the opportunity.

A former poster here had darned near every configuration of the pumps made! He was quite the fan. In fact, he's recently had one re-barreled to 6.5 Creedmoor! I think one would work quite well for how I hunt here in IN and if I can find the right one in the right price, I'll likely pick one up. It might even end up as 9.3X62...
I've seen some cool souped-up 7600's over the years. It is possible to work on the trigger and make them accurate rifles (some are really accurate out of the box). Here's one a local rifle builder made for some pump-lover with a bit of money to spare. Personally, I think they shine as closer range rifles with iron sights. I love carrying mine.Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.03.35 PM.png

I've seen some cool souped-up 7600's over the years. It is possible to work on the trigger and make them accurate rifles (some are really accurate out of the box). Here's one a local rifle builder made for some pump-lover with a bit of money to spare. Personally, I think they shine as closer range rifles with iron sights. I love carrying mine.View attachment 142459
That'd be the picture that made me think it'd be a good idea!! His work looks very good.

It's my favorite gun. I've killed more deer with one than anything else. The fit me like a glove. With the exception of 1, they were as or more accurate than any gun I own, including 2 customs.

Pennsylvania's favorite deer rifles, affectionately known as the "Amish Machine Gun".

I have a a Remington Model Six (limited run fancy 7600) in 30-06 that just plain shoots. I don't use it much but it's the rifle my dad killed his only deer with and the rifle I killed my first whitetail with as well.

Also my grandfather is quite the collector of Remington 760 and 7600s from .223 on up. His favorite rifle is a Rem 760 carbine in 30-06. That thing has been all over the globe and killed just about everything Noah let on the ark.

Pennsylvania's favorite deer rifles, affectionately known as the "Amish Machine Gun".

I have a a Remington Model Six (limited run fancy 7600) in 30-06 that just plain shoots. I don't use it much but it's the rifle my dad killed his only deer with and the rifle I killed my first whitetail with as well.

Also my grandfather is quite the collector of Remington 760 and 7600s from .223 on up. His favorite rifle is a Rem 760 carbine in 30-06. That thing has been all over the globe and killed just about everything Noah let on the ark.

That's awesome. That's one thing I like about them. They're not as popular as the bolt actions but certainly have a following. And, most of them usually have a cool story and history to go along with them.

My Dad's favorite go-to was a 760 in 30-06. He killed tons of deer with it. Of course, it has a special place in my heart

My neighbor & my uncle each have one.
I HATE shooting the freak'n things!
Did load development with 165gr Ballistic Tips over IMR 4350.
YOU couldn't pay me to own one!

I love my 870 but i couldn’t get used to the rattle of the forearm when I shot a 760 last. To me, rifles shouldn’t rattle so it turned me off them a bit. Other than that, the one I shot, shot well!

My wife shoots an old 760 in 300 savage. It’s a nice little rifle. About 15 years ago a place was selling springs for the trigger I put it in and it’s much better. I’d like one in 35 Whelen

The 7600’s are popular here in Oz. 223 and .308 mostly. We can’t have a semi auto for hunting.
My buddy has one in .35Whelan - It is a real fire breather at night. It’s great for a backup when we are bowhunting hunting buffalo.

Been shooting a gamemaster 760 in 30-06 for deer for 25 years and my dad had been shooting one for 50 years. There is no telling how many deer we have killed with these guns.
Dad said, get you a gamemaster. Youll never need another gun. He was right.
Great gun, accurate, fast follow-up shots and extremely reliable. I truly am surprised that more people dont shoot them.
Mine shoots 1" groups at 100 yards which is good enough for me.

IMG_1100.PNG
temptemp_taken_picture-5.jpg

IMG_2283.JPGIMG_20121203_111233.jpg

My uncle has carried a 7600 ‘06 as long as I can remember and it’s a solid rifle in the woods of NY where I grew up and he still lives. He’s got an old red field 3-9x40 on top and it serves him well. My first roommate in college was from Vermont and he had one too, he could snap shoot that thing and hit a Coke can from 100 yards when we’d go shooting. I still like my Model 70, but I’ve always been of the opinion that the 7600 should be ranked at the top of the rifle columns for the Easter deer hunter

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back