Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pump Rifles

My dad has a Remington in 30.06. It is accurate and he has killed a pile of deer with it over the years. I cannot remember him ever using a different rifle, and I don't think he will. He must really like it because he is constantly getting new shotguns, but the deer rifle remains the same

A buddy of mine owns one, his father owned it new before he got it. The rifle looks like hell, except for the nice Leupold scope on it, but it's a real shooter. My buddy owns a couple of nice bolt actions, and every time we're hunting or on a hunting trip, he drags that old pump gun out, he just won't use anything else, nor will he let anyone touch it, he told me once the reason was because nobody cares for it like he does, I just rolled my eyes after that comment.

I bought a 760 in 1982 I believe. A .308, my first rifle. Hunted with it until the mid to late 90's until I started buying bolt guns and AR's. Killed a lot of deer and hogs with it. Still has a Simmons 44 mag scope on it. A few years back I got it out and shot some Hornady American whitetail though it. 1" group, best it ever shot. Killed a doe with it that year and put it away. Will never get rid of it, too many memories.

I saw a Model 14 in 35 Rem for sale on GB recently. I was thinking it might make a nice add to the 35 cal section of the safe.
I decided it was a distraction fro my SE AK trip budget. It's still out there.

I have a 7600 carbine in 30-06 and I have killed a pile of whitetail with it. By far my favorite rifle. I’ve always been amazed how accurate it is.

I have a Rem 7600 in 35 Whelen and it’s a really great gun. Got it in 2003ish when Rem did a limited run. I typically use it as a brush gun for bear season. But also carry it when I’m in crappy terrain, as I put a synthetic aftermarket stock on it, so it can take a little more punishment than my Weatherby.

760 in -06 was the very first @new” gun I ever bought back in high school, topped it with a Lupe Vx2 in 3-9 and thought I had Thor’s lightning bolt. Traded it years later for a 742 also in -06 which didn’t shoot nearly as good and was like hauling around the rear bumper of an F350, damn that thing was heavy. Think I’ve had about five -06s since then and just sold my last one two years ago to a buddy along with all my ammo for it. Probably time to start looking again lol (now that ammo is practically unavailable).

I've got a 760 in .270 and two Remington Model 14s in .30 Remington. They're all fun to shoot, one of these days I'll take them hunting.

I have several pumps. they are definitely more than brush guns. I have no problem taking a300 yar shot with most of mine, save the old 141 in 35 Remington. there is a gunsmith in Pa who does wonders with working on them. and I beileve Timney makes a drop in trigger for them.

dont worry abot the forearm wobble and noise. game wont hear it. dont screw yourself by using see thru mounts on them (PRO-TIP) use the Leupold base as the eaver rail may not give you enough height up front to get you on target( have had this happen with a few of mine)

I have an old one, it was my grandpa's and it's an .30-06 and I'll never part with it. Truthfully, I've only shot a few times and while it's accurate, I've never taken it out elk hunting yet, maybe I'll do that next year.

My first new rifle was Rem 7600 in .243, killed my first buck with that gun and quite a few more after that. Fit me like a glove and drove tacks out to 300 yards. One of the few regrets in my life, was selling that gun, i still think of that gun now and again.

I’ve never owned one but know several guys who do. I’d like to own one. Some of them will shoot as good or better than any bolt gun.

Been shooting a gamemaster 760 in 30-06 for deer for 25 years and my dad had been shooting one for 50 years. There is no telling how many deer we have killed with these guns.
Dad said, get you a gamemaster. Youll never need another gun. He was right.
Great gun, accurate, fast follow-up shots and extremely reliable. I truly am surprised that more people dont shoot them.
Mine shoots 1" groups
I heard those 760's are great for shooting at deer plywood cutouts pulled across a field by a truck.🤔

I have a Remington 760 in 257 Roberts. I have shot it quit a bit. It seems to be just as accurate as a bolt action.

They used to be really popular here in MN. People used to do a lot more drives, us included. I was torn between the pump or a browning BLR. I went with the BLR. Another great rifle for fast shooting deer on the run.

I love my two 7600 30-06 carbines, and I don’t believe you’ll find a better brush gun out there, especially for hunting whitetails in the north east. One is topped with a leupold 1-4x, and the other has a Williams peep. I love the peep sight when tracking whitetails in snow!
81685E44-B5D2-4837-8CDD-6EE74D816315.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back