Pronghorn scouting...

BuzzH

Just got back from 2 full days of looking at pronghorns. I decided to tally how many bucks I looked at.

I put glass on 336 buck antelope and I didnt count any that were way off in the distance.

Out of those I figured I saw maybe 30 that were good....of those maybe 5 that were real good.

If I can find this guy on opening day, I'll be a happy pronghorn hunter. He seems to be a pretty territorial buck, found him last night but bumped him around trying to get some pictures/video. Went back this AM and he was back home. Got some decent pictures today, not as good as I would have liked, but I did get some better video.

Definately has a prong...maybe the best prong I've seen on an antelope.

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

Please stop posting pictures like these. I have 3.5 weeks until I'm out chasing pronghorn for the first time, and I can't stand waiting the way it is!!!
On a serious note, beautiful animal. Thanks for sharing, and good luck getting him!

Awesome prongs, good look finding him when the season is open.

Just how dry is it in your part of the world? Was reading some things that were saying southeast wyo has been hit hard this summer.

That's a great looking buck! I don't even attempt to guess on what any buck will score, but what's your guess on that one?

Wow, Buzz ... your extensive scouting paid off in finding that great buck. 'Hope he's where you can connect on opening day.

I also appreciate the grand prongs of that guy. It is bittersweet this year as I failed to draw a tag for the first time in thirty years. Bummer for me ... but perhaps I can vicariously enjoy the excitement through your always-great photos and account of the hunt. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back