MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Progressive eyeglass users?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Honestly, one of the most frustrating things is trying to work on vehicles. It's pretty tough to get the distance I need when I'm crawled underneath a Subaru, and at 8" the +1.50 cheaters don't do it. Might have to get a +2.0 set for the garage.
...or one of these ;)
man-looking-through-lens-stock-photo-968796.jpg

I haven’t had any issues with my progressive lenses. I wear my glasses all the time. Rifle scopes are easy to use with them. I haven’t noticed any difference shooting my bow with them but my archery skills are average at best. I shot a perfect score last time I qualified at work with my pistol. I even got progressive lenses for my sunglasses. They are great when trying to tie knots while fishing.

Lasik isn't an option for this. Honestly, even if it were, it's deteriorating enough each year it probably would never justify the cost. I've gone from +1.25 to +1.75 in three years.
I was on that path for the first 4 years of wearing progressive glasses. Finally they quit changing and I was able to keep same prescription this year. My only complaint is depth perception isn’t what it was before needing glasses. Sure is nice to be able to see though!

Honestly, one of the most frustrating things is trying to work on vehicles. It's pretty tough to get the distance I need when I'm crawled underneath a Subaru, and at 8" the +1.50 cheaters don't do it. Might have to get a +2.0 set for the garage.
Working on vehicles, or anything else, with a headlamp on and progressive lenses is nearly impossible. Tilt head up for close vision, then tilt head down for light - never seem to hit both just right...

michael_smith_as_bubbles.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back