Pretty darn cool

LukeDuke

My daughter was doing some reading tonight and when I walked into our room to check on her, I noticed the book...”The Muddy Elk”. Seeing a title like that, I had to check it out. She tells me the “guy” came to their school last yr and she has three of his books. Then she shows me where the author signed the book. How cool!! I read the first chapter and told her I’m going to have to borrow it when she’s done. She then goes on to tell me that she skipped ahead and saw the pictures and proceeded to tell me that they get the elk. So much for the suspense...lol!! She thinks it’s really cool because the son in the story is named Luke, which just happens to be my name. I had no idea she had these books, but I like where her mind is at.

Attachments

• AE2E4CFF-DB6E-4D71-91E9-C49EFCAD83B0.jpeg
    AE2E4CFF-DB6E-4D71-91E9-C49EFCAD83B0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
That’s really cool. As a teacher, I get excited to see kids who love to read. Throw in an elk story—even better. Also, yeah, that’s a spectacular accent wall.

What's the scripture? Train up a child in the way (s)he should go: and when (s)he is old, (s)he will not depart from it!

Man that puts a smile on my face seeing a young kid now and days with a book in their hand instead of a cell phone. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back