Pretty & Classy rifles. Lets see them!

I have a couple that aren't fancy but mean more to me than my high end rifles.
IMG_0928.jpgIMG_0930.jpg
- Model 60 my dad bought me on my 10th birthday. Its pretty to me
- when my dad died and I was cleaning out his basement, literally where he lived because a fire burned the main and upper floors of his house. He just threw a flat roof on the basement and lived there the rest of his life. Anyway, the rifle was solid rust from the water to put out the fire 20 years prior. I found it under a broken down old table. Its not pretty but it means the world to me knowing this was his main hunting rifle. Had it restored. I have not shot it, the gunsmith did and verified its safe. I want to take a deer with it before I pass.

That old Buffalo buster deserves a fresh finish. Straight boiled linseed oil, 20 coats. Red pads are available through New England Custom Gun.

That's what i should have been doing during covid. Fortunate to have not missed any work. I've got citri strip waiting in the garage. Maybe after hunting season

I wanted one of these for a long time. I found this one at a local auction and the price was right. Got it home and it wouldn’t cycle shells. After a deep cleaning she runs like a song and is pretty darn accurate. I’m hoping to take a few squirrels with it this season. It’s a Remington Model 12, circa 1912.

Attachments

• 85CE1F12-9834-48C2-BB35-206C488F85B1.jpeg
    85CE1F12-9834-48C2-BB35-206C488F85B1.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 8381C1DA-21E8-489B-8304-E5FA7B27120B.jpeg
    8381C1DA-21E8-489B-8304-E5FA7B27120B.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
375 H&H Winchester Model 70 built by Michael Scherz, Gila River Gun Works. Douglas barrel. Quarter rib. Michael's own scope mounts made for Talley QD rings, Walnut with straight grain through the wrist & forearm, Australian Leathewood forend tip. Probably my nicest rifle, and I really don't have a use for it. I just like it. Shoots great!

T72A6KKl.jpg

tnV2BJnl.jpg

wmuFKZ9l.jpg

bLiT2OXl.jpg

Regards, Guy

Rem 700 CDL SF chambered in Mr. Weatherby's favorite cartridge
I went cheap when I bought my 257 roy vanguard. Could never fall in love with it. Someone else wanted it worse than me. In retrospect, I should have started with what I wanted, not what I thought I could afford. That applies to lots of things.

Was digging around in the safe and thought I'd get a little nostalgic....the only two rifles I can ever remember my dad having and he used them every year along the Oregon coast chasing elk and blacktails. Still have the last two boxes of 200 grain Cor-Lokts he had bought for the .350 Rem Mag, the other was his 6mm Rem. both model 600's and both wearing the old Weaver K-4s (all the magnification you ever need on the coast he used to say). Not fancy but made me smile today.
IMG_9142.jpg

Mark x in 6mm rem. Gifted from my grandpa he hand carved the stock and glass bedded it. Wearing a Vari x III3.5-10. Shoots pretty good. As you could guess it doesn't get taken out of the safe much. He always asks why I'm not carrying it but it's too fancy for me to beat up
View attachment 150600View attachment 150601
No No oh my NO! That thing needs to be taken out and used. That is what it is made for and chambered in the FABULOUS 6MM REMINGTON! Listen to your grandfather.

375 H&H Winchester Model 70 built by Michael Scherz, Gila River Gun Works. Douglas barrel. Quarter rib. Michael's own scope mounts made for Talley QD rings, Walnut with straight grain through the wrist & forearm, Australian Leathewood forend tip. Probably my nicest rifle, and I really don't have a use for it. I just like it. Shoots great!

T72A6KKl.jpg

tnV2BJnl.jpg

wmuFKZ9l.jpg

bLiT2OXl.jpg

Regards, Guy
You know you suck don't you Guy? I mean come-on that's just mean spirited showing off like that!:D

Last edited:
Was digging around in the safe and thought I'd get a little nostalgic....the only two rifles I can ever remember my dad having and he used them every year along the Oregon coast chasing elk and blacktails. Still have the last two boxes of 200 grain Cor-Lokts he had bought for the .350 Rem Mag, the other was his 6mm Rem. both model 600's and both wearing the old Weaver K-4s (all the magnification you ever need on the coast he used to say). Not fancy but made me smile today.
View attachment 151923
I have the Model 600 Centennial in 6mm Remington, well my son has it now, and it was made in 1964 to celebrate the 100th year of the Montana Centennial and the 75th Anniversary of Montana Statehood. Those are sweet little rifles. They bark a bit too with the short barrel.

Reactions: Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back