Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pretty & Classy rifles. Lets see them!

Damn! Beautiful. Some really nice modern laminated stocks out there.
I love the look of the laminates too! They are pretty sharp. You could find someone to checker that for you and spruce it up just a touch and it wouldn't be so slick in the hands. My buddy did that to his Model 70. 300 WSM in the same brown tones.

I love the look of the laminates too! They are pretty sharp. You could find someone to checker that for you and spruce it up just a touch and it wouldn't be so slick in the hands. My buddy did that to his Model 70. 300 WSM in the same brown tones.
I’ve thought the same thing. The wrist needs trimmed down a little too.
Got any suggestions as to who to sent it to?

I’ve thought the same thing. The wrist needs trimmed down a little too.
Got any suggestions as to who to sent it to?
His was done by a woman who did checkering for Cooper Arms in Stevensville MT. She no longer works there but if you contact Cooper, some of the checkering experts likely do projects on the side too. I be they could help you out!! I do not know about taking some out of the wrist area though. different skill set. You could ask though.

1992 Remington 700 ADL chambered in .270win. Got it for Christmas that year. When my Dad asked me what caliber I wanted I said of course .270 as I had been reading a lot of old magazines in the high school library and loved Jack O’Connor. Been with me since I was 14, we’ve been on a lot of adventures together. This is one of the several mounts I have that ole’ reliable has accounted for. 059700D1-5969-4E31-A627-ECE01C5CBD85.jpeg

i need to live in a state with more rifle opportunities. 1951 mfg in the Classic 270 caliber. My parents were married in 1952. I’ve always wondered if it was dad’s wedding gift to himself. I’ve been debating stripping the varnish and oiling the stock. Haven’t made up my mind, it’ll never leave the family. image.jpg

Back