Caribou Gear

Pretty & Classy rifles. Lets see them!

View attachment 205985View attachment 205986View attachment 205987WWII Springfield 30-06 my dad dolled up for me in 1962. Shot my first deer with it three years later. I'm sure I'll shoot my last one with it in a few years. Used hard, it's been restocked once after a horse accident and recently rebarrelled. I retired its 3x Weaver a couple years ago for a new 3x9x40 Nikon.
Does your 1903 still have the standard military trigger? I got one from a very close friend who died in 1995. He had it made by Paul Jaeger when he got out of the service, 1945. Still has the standard military two stage trigger and best trigger I ever used. Never have felt another two stage trigger cleaned up. I think what happens is the take up put's pull on your finger then the overtravel prevents jerking. Best trigger I've ever used.

JEfgdVGh.jpg

Posted my leverguns last year in this thread. But Ive always liked the looks of stainless guns as well. And the Tikka fits into the classy rifle category for me. Super smooth action, great balance, and as accurate as I can hold on any given day. This ones a 6.5 creed. After laughing at all the hype of this caliber, I ended up buying one just for something different in the safe. Have made 5 one shot kills on deer in the 2 seasons since. This rifle is just so easy to shoot, whether rested or free hand. Has the mountain tactical mag in this pic.

Attachments

• FA40AEA3-E3DA-498F-B66A-F3882F0C516C.jpeg
    FA40AEA3-E3DA-498F-B66A-F3882F0C516C.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 10
Does your 1903 still have the standard military trigger? I got one from a very close friend who died in 1995. He had it made by Paul Jaeger when he got out of the service, 1945. Still has the standard military two stage trigger and best trigger I ever used. Never have felt another two stage trigger cleaned up. I think what happens is the take up put's pull on your finger then the overtravel prevents jerking.
The trigger that was in it was, I believe, modified military with a take-up adjustment that had a locking nut. It was horrible. The pull was quite heavy and still had some creep even with the adjustment run in to the point of being unsafe (the gun failed the drop test). On the bench I'd almost pass out from holding my breath waiting for that trigger to let go. I dropped in an old style Timney (without integral trigger block safety) this fall before going to Montana. What a difference. Marvelous! However, not a job for the faint of heart as it required modifying the striker.

I know this is an old thread, but I just found this a little while ago. No more Gila River Gun Works.

MICHAEL SCHERZ OBITUARY
Michael Scherz
October 23, 1952 - November 28, 2021

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back