Caribou Gear

Pretty & Classy rifles. Lets see them!

My everything rifle. A Model 70 Featherweight Limited in 6.8 O'Conner (Now that sounds trendy lol) better known as the vanilla flavored yet still wonderfully effective .270 Win.
with a Leupold FX-3 6x42 . Shes got a few handling marks but shes used every year for what she was built for.View attachment 149388View attachment 149386
Sure some nice rifles. Love to see what everyone likes.

My father saw this sit in a little mom & pop store in Nye Montana for three or four years. It was brand new and was made in 1964 to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Montana Statehood and the 100th year of the Montana Territory. I believe there were only 1070 of these built with the medallion in the stock and the special engraving on the action. I shot my first deer and antelope with it and went on to shoot a whole bunch of antelope, deer, and coyotes over the years with that rifle. My dad gave it to me when I was 12 for my first year of hunting. It still has the Weaver K4 scope on it that it's worn since 1972. It's a cool little rifle that sure has some sentimental value.

Here is my son with the same rifle and his first big game animal, an antelope with this same rifle. All it shoots is 100 gr. Nosler Partitions at 2800 fps out of the 18 1/2" barrel, but it sure kills stuff. It's a 6mm Remington of course! A typical boy at the age of 12, ALWAYS HUNGRY!

1596739345321.png

Last edited:
My everything rifle. A Model 70 Featherweight Limited in 6.8 O'Conner (Now that sounds trendy lol) better known as the vanilla flavored yet still wonderfully effective .270 Win.
with a Leupold FX-3 6x42 . Shes got a few handling marks but shes used every year for what she was built for.View attachment 149388View attachment 149386
The 6.8 O'Connor is one of my favorites and the Model 70 is becoming a favorite. Mine happens to be the Extreme Stainless. Really want to get a Ruger No. 1, that's a classy rifle and has been on my wishlist for a while.

Always been a fan of wood and blue, and for a standard production rifle, the pre-64's have always been a favorite:

IMG_0745.JPG

Talk about an O'Connor Special right there...

My father say this sit in a little mom & pop store in Nye Montana for three or four years. It was brand new and was made in 1964 to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Montana Statehood and the 100th year of the Montana Territory. I believe there were only 1070 of these build with the medallion in the stock and the special engraving on the action. I shot my first deer and antelope with it and went on to shoot a whole bunch of antelope, deer, and coyotes over the years with that rifle. My dad gave it to me when I was 12 for my first year of hunting. It still has the Weaver K4 scope on it that it's worn since 1972. It's a cool little rifle that sure has some sentimental value.

Here is my son with the same rifle and his first big game animal, an antelope with this same rifle. All it shoots is 100 gr. Nosler Partitions at 2800 fps out of the 18 1/2" barrel, but it sure kills stuff. It's a 6mm Remington of course! A typical boy at the age of 12, ALWAYS HUNGRY!

View attachment 149415

Nice!! I have two rifles handed down to me from my dad; one a Mod 600 in 6mm and the other a Mod 600 in .350 Rem Mag (the old laminated stock, vent ribbed models)...Brings back memories and I seed to peel them out of the safe once again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back