Caribou Gear

PRELIM #2: Best Stories - Talkies 2022

Writer/story of the Year 2022

• @Stocker Nebraska “slam” attempt

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • @JohnCushman DAV moose hunt…WOOHOO!!!!

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • @Hopzone Freak Esther

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • @wllm The impervious and quaking swamps

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • @SCliving Outdoors BC mountain goat - semi live hunt

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • @BirdManMike Hope dies last

Votes: 20 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hunting Wife

Due to popular demand, here’s a second installment of stories to be considered. Poll closes January 6, you get three votes.

Let the reading continue…

A story of shenanigans in Nebraska @Stocker

An ensemble cast the likes of which we may never see again, and one of the most anticipated hunts in Hunt Talk history @JohnCushman

A memorial of Grandma and a big bull @Hopzone Freak

The juxtaposition of hunting in an urban landscape @wllm

Semi-live epic of cool animals in cool places @SCliving Outdoors

Not your average live hunt by @BirdManMike

Last edited:
Definitely had some great stories this year which helped time pass in between hunts. Tough to pick just one....and now that everyone is a "Freak", I don't even know what to think anymore. It's like being a new guy all over again.

You just need to write with structure and coherency that I did.

Or drink and post nonsense that gets piled onto by some of the other low life’s on hunttalk. 🤣
LOL, I get the appeal for stokers thread. and gave it a vote but I had to quit trying to enjoy it and stopped following a few weeks ago. Guess I am more in the vein of keeping it focused more on the hunt activity itself.

If your story didn't get picked fishing for compliments isn't going to help. Write better. Take better pictures. Read other threads and learn from them. Find your voice and refine it. Not everyone will be @theat but that doesn't mean you can't tell a good story.
Exactly. Or realize that it is a for fun, silly thing that @Hunting Wife does and I couldn’t imagine even trying to keep track of all the threads. Probably just got overlooked. Better luck next year I suppose. Idk. Begging for validation is a very annoying trait. Good work HW. Thanks for bringing attention to the threads you did. Some I never finished because they would get buried while I was doing more important things than hunt talk….. Like Life 😃.

Yep, loved some of these threads. Helps me enjoy places and things that I have or haven't been to or done. I can't contribute much but a few comments here and there. The Alaska trip thread brought me back to my many trips there and the sights I saw. Some of the guys here sure can tell a story!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back