• @marksjeep San Rafael, Dirty Devil Ram

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • @KHunter 2022 ID bull and CO cow moose hunt

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • @jlong17 Wyoming Elk with my Old Man Part 2

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • @charliebravo77 Preference points are useless if you don’t use them

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • @theat Go North, Young Man (or not so young man)

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • @270.Rose Pronghorns, mud, and lemon bars

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • @Gerald Martin The Cliffs of Seduction / Gravy Train through High Cotton

Votes: 35 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ridiculously tough to decide, but @jlong17’s story of hunting elk in Wyoming with his dad gets the nod from me. So many of these other stories are gigantic, sweeping adventures, that were really fun to read, but jlong’s story just resonates on so many levels.

I dont use hunttalk as much as many as i am hunting so i have missed many of these stories above but one of my favorite is still @Stocker "nebraska slam" last i know it was around 30 pages. It has everything from bad facial hair to mountain goats in corn fields and even a occasional animal get killed.
I just read through 30 pages, great thread.

What a list that you’ve assembled @Hunting Wife, thanks for your efforts.

I cast three votes in the poll, and in hindsight picked the threads that had storylines that were strong on family, relationships and well worded explorations of why we hunt. Unique writing styles help me paint the scene in my mind and made it feel like we had somehow experienced the adventure together, although I did it parked comfortably in my living room.

A salute to all mentioned, and to all story tellers who endeavor to share a treasured memory.

Back