Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 Talkie Hunt Recaps - by popular demand

Hunting Wife

Ok, I almost didn’t do this but I had a lot of folks sending messages in support of the Talkie’s continuation. So here it is- my selection of Best Hunt Recaps for 2023.

Disclaimer: these are stories I personally enjoyed, and hope others didn’t miss. There is no voting, no prizes. I am also not responsible for anyone’s personal feelings of inadequacy.

I also don’t always have time to read every thread on HT. If you know of a great story that I missed, please post a link so the tale can be properly enjoyed by all. This is just a starting point - I’m sure there are many other deserving stories.

Without further ado…

An introspective recap about hunting and pizza by @TOGIE -

Anguish and elation in equal measure, courtesy of @trb -

A tale of selflessness shared by @WinkB -

Anything posted by @Greenhorn is going to be good -

Poor Colorado kid makes good. Who doesn’t love an underdog? @Dinkshooter -

A late entry by @Bluffgruff as voted into existence by HT-

Maximum effort displayed by @GrantK -

A short but sweet tale of a boy’s first hunt by @p_ham -

A well told saga of sheep hunting by @JoMo -

A tent-friendly mountain goat hunt in Montana, as told by @MTClacka -

Beautiful photos to go along with an epic story about caribou, by photographer/author @Poke 'Em -

Full disclosure: I missed this one the first time around but after scanning the pics I knew it needed to be here. I’ll be reading @YoungGun bison story the rest of today -

If I may, a few more good ones:

@BackofBeyond trying something different, chasing the interesting rather than what he “should” do:

The misfortunes and triumphs of @MtnElk and paternal head-shaking good nature of his hunting partner, @Dsnow9 has been the gift that keeps giving, Clark:

And the dedication and work put into the Idaho Super Hunt Combo by @TW33 (not to mention the success achieved) was impressive as hell:

I need to start bookmarking threads, these are all great. There's so many more as I'm reading them I'm thinking this is one of the best of the year and now I draw a blank.

I hadn't seen the Super tag thread until now. Wow!

Tangential, but talking about epic seasons, there's an Alaska resident on Rokslide that killed a stud Dall ram DIY in Alaska in late summer, and then came down and killed a good Unlimited ram in November( if I'm reading between the lines correctly). Nowhere to go but down from that one....

If I may, a few more good ones:

@BackofBeyond trying something different, chasing the interesting rather than what he “should” do:

The misfortunes and triumphs of @MtnElk and paternal head-shaking good nature of his hunting partner, @Dsnow9 has been the gift that keeps giving, Clark:

And the dedication and work put into the Idaho Super Hunt Combo by @TW33 (not to mention the success achieved) was impressive as hell:

See? There are just too many for one person to keep track of! 😁

Thanks @Hunting Wife

I believe this is a worthy endeavor on your part and I thank you for starting this thread. And I’m glad that there are no “winners” here, they are all worthy of applause each in their own way.

Your list will allow those who’ve missed stellar stories to find and enjoy
Is yours finished so we can give it a honorable mention?

@BirdManMike deserves to be on this as well, I can't say I've found many season recaps as interesting as the one he has going on...

I Definitely missed some great stories, glad y'all posted so we could all enjoy the tales.

I've missed @BirdManMike's post over the years, apparently. Mike- what you do is so fascinating to me- the connection with man and dog is one of my favorite parts of bird hunting. You bringing Roach (and others) into the mix, as well as seeing wild falcons get involved, is really something. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back