Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho Super Hunt Combo 2023

TW33

Hello!
I was fortunate enough to draw the Idaho super hunt combo for 2023. I have a moose, elk, deer and antelope tag for any unit in Idaho. I have ALOT of ground I have to cover, so any tips or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks a million

Congrats!I don't have any hot tips, but I would prioritize in the order of M, E, D and then P.

Congratulations! I sincerely hope the tips you get match the quality of the posts you did today. 😂
Welcome to HT!
Snarky: yes.
Warranted: yes.
I know you have to get your 10 to start a thread, but damn, at least try to contribute something useful.
Ok, Karen out.

Congrats! You could even pick a unit where you could hunt all 4 species at the same time if you wanted to. Should be a fun fall.

Congrats on the draw! What are your objectives for the season? Fill all tags with nice solid representations of all the species? Or hoping to slam a hawg in a specific species? Every species? Probably that would be tough. Personally I would narrow it down to what units and hunt windows you want to focus on plan my fall out based off that. You have an opportunity to experience some hunts that you will probably never get to again. It’s the ride not the destination I would focus on and have an unreal fun fall.

I know you have to get your 10 to start a thread, but damn, at least try to contribute something useful.
Ok, Karen out.
Ya, go Karen somewhere else! Thanks for being so much help. I picture guys like you sitting in their mom’s basement at 45 years old just trying to start arguments with other people.

Last edited:
Hope that combo came with a wolf tag! Seems like every hunting season working the camps in Colorado I always saw bear, never had a tag with me!

Congrats on the draw! What are your objectives for the season? Fill all tags with nice solid representations of all the species? Or hoping to slam a hawg in a specific species? Every species? Probably that would be tough. Personally I would narrow it down to what units and hunt windows you want to focus on plan my fall out based off that. You have an opportunity to experience some hunts that you will probably never get to again. It’s the ride not the destination I would focus on and have an unreal fun fall.
It would be awesome to kill a hawg in every species but if not that, hopefully a hawg in 1 or 2 of the species! Thanks for your info

Ok, Karen out.
Can you blame the guy? He's an average Joe who just won the lotto and wanted to pick the best on the internet for info. Had to get his 10 somehow. First seasons open in 2 months.

Last edited:
Can you blame the guy? Just won the lotto and wanted to pick the best on the internet for info. Had to get his 10 somehow. First seasons open in 2 months.
Is OP the friend you mentioned in your super tag thread?

Is OP the friend you mentioned in your super tag thread?

Yep that's him. I completely understand the usual "welcome to Hunttalk" responses. I'm usually right there too. With a golden ticket he decided to hop on and do some asking. I get it. It's 4 of the best tags ever and just a few months to prepare. I don't usually share spots either but with something like this I'm a lot more open with him.

I doubt I have much clout around here but if anybody could get him some info I'd appreciate it personally.

Last edited:
I hear 511 is good for deer.

Seriously though…congrats. What of those species have you taken before? What are you most and least excited about? How much time do you have to hunt, and how much help do you have?

I wouldn’t spend a single day in regions one or two or give a second thought to even scouting anything up here. I know how I would prioritize them but that may not apply to you

If I were lucky enough to be in your shoes I'd put an order of priority to the species you want to chase and lay out a plan accordingly. With so much opportunity sitting in your pocket it would get easy to chase your tail and never truly give any one single tag the dedication it deserves. Toss the antelope tag in the trash and then go 1-3 on the remaining species. It's not hard to find where the biggest critters come out of in Idaho. Do you have the funds to hire any guides? Are you planning to do this on your own or with friends? How much vacation time do you have?

You have an incredible opportunity. And if you truly want useful advice from folks around here, you would be best served by telling them about yourself, your hunting experience, what part of the state you're in, your age, etc etc etc. Even make stuff up to pull on their hardened heartstrings - you have one eye? missing a toe? have 18 kids? etc.

Best of luck to you!

I have always wanted the super deer tag. You can practically hunt with a rifle from Aug 15-Nov 30 if you wanted to. If I had the tag would definitely hunt the early rifle hunts before the elk, moose, and antelope rut kicks off and then pick the deer back up after you have finished with all of those by the end of October.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back