PREGNANT or Hunt?

Well my wife took a test today and we're pregnant. After losing one this time last year, I pray that we have this one successfuly. Hopefully it will be born nice and healthy in January. After Elk and Rifle Deer, but in the middle of Archery deer. I can live with that. I think a bow for a tenth birthday present sounds good.

Dalbo, if you read this don't tell anyone yet please :)

Last edited:
All kidding aside, dustinf and Malbo really put things into perspective here. Pray for a healthy and happy baby and worry about life's little inconveniences later.

My girls were all born in the spring, my wife's birthday is in January. Guess who has a September birthday? Yep, right in the prime time of the rut.

I've scheduled many elk hunting trips around this, and just being able to share that day with my family is worth it. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the celebration is as much (if not more) for them than me.

Congratulations to the both of you. Looking forward to the chapters of life to come.

All kidding aside, dustinf and Malbo really put things into perspective here. Pray for a healthy and happy baby and worry about life's little inconveniences later.

My girls were all born in the spring, my wife's birthday is in January. Guess who has a September birthday? Yep, right in the prime time of the rut.

I've scheduled many elk hunting trips around this, and just being able to share that day with my family is worth it. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the celebration is as much (if not more) for them than me.

Thanks JLS, well said. 9 months from now is January and I don't see it as an inconvenience, but an opportunity to hopefully get little one interested in the outdoors, hunting and fishing. I have learned so much and am still learning, and I want to pass that on.

Last edited:
Malbo and Dalbo - how cute. You guys twins? When were you born? hahhhahahahaha
kidding.

All the best wishes for healthy and happy little ones fellas! Blessings!

Malbo and Dalbo - how cute. You guys twins? When were you born? hahhhahahahaha
kidding.

All the best wishes for healthy and happy little ones fellas! Blessings!

Ha Ha thanks. Dalbo is my older brother and hunting advisor. And thanks for the laugh : )

Last edited:
.....'older brother and hunting advisor' - wish I had one of those.
God bless and good luck wit hthe pregnancy!

My wife and I are conveniently due to have our first child together next month. It's not the only thing to consider, but hunting season is definitely something to consider.

Well given that my wife read it on the internet so it must be true, the average amount of time it takes to conceive is 3-6 months. Taking this valuable info into account we started "trying" at the end of February and low and behold I have Olympics swimmers coming out of me cause she conceived three weeks later and and I will be a father at the end of December. I have bred a winter chicken! We are excited and looking a forward to being parents of a human since our four legged furry children don't clean up after themselves or ever plan to. We have just passed on missing hunting season which means my wife may still attempt at her first deer hunting season while I drag, clean, and butcher the animal with a smile knowing that she can cross off an item on her bucket list. God has blessed us so much since moving to Montana and we are doubly blessed to add an arrow to our quiver!

A pros and cons list of kids versus dogs would be so lopsided it's not even funny. At least 5 to 1 in the canines favor.

My first was born before. 2nd, as long as all goes well, will be born after this season at the end of Goose season but its easier for me to find time to goose hunt a day than big game hunt over the weekend or longer so that's no biggie. I got married before hunting season. The only thing I did not plan was all the birthdays of my wife's family landing in Archery season. If your not careful, all your weekends can get filled up quick. My wife's family pretty much has at least one birthday a week during archery season... So ya, I have pretty much planned all that I could around the season.

My kids were born in March and April, which one did interfere with turkey season. When my wife was 4-6 months pregnant, she was right there hunting with me. Never missed a beat!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back