Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pre Season Sheep Scouting...(Now with Pics :) )

Thanks Tbone. Those kifaru's look like sweet packs. Dang expensive though. Are they really worth the money? Do they make the load seem light or have some type of rocket booster, etc.?

Rocky, T-bone has more money then most people so the packs not expensive to him ;)

The Mower has a 4.6 HP engine If I remember right ;)

Iminrut, the pics will come Friday.. Hold yer Horses 'mate :D

Moosie hit it on the head. I'm wealthy. How else can you explain my exotic hunting adventures in the 3(THREE)Western states of ID, NV, and CA. I only work this job to fill up my boring day.

RD, IMO the Kifaru is worth it if I use it as a -Hunting pack. If you only use it for general trail backpacking or only packing meat its not worth it.

My favorite method of hunting big game is to bivouac for 3-5 days stints. Its the ultimate in portablility and puts me into animals. If darkness falls on me while trying to stick a bull, or find Oscar when he's lost, I can sleep right there.

I'd use the $ for other items if I regularly hunted out of a basecamp/camper/cabin/motel/home.

Oscar, you should rig some metal ammo cases with parachutes and drop them out of the plane on top of X mountain.... Think of the weight savings.

Well.. this morning I came about as Close to the Country as I can Be without actually being there *SMILE*

Morning started off early with my scouting partners :

gang.sized.jpg

The morning sure looked good.

sun.sized.jpg

If you look at the Far Dark Shadows.. thats the Trail HEad.. Follow that up on the Ridge and between the 2 rocks in the Middle of the picture and keep coming this way....

trail_a.sized.jpg

YOU keep Walking on the Ridge from the Bottom Left Corner of the Screen and go to the Top Right valley .. you can Barely see the Lake...

trail_b.sized.jpg

From the LAke.... We Leave the Trail (2.6 miles in ) .. Errr,,, That was suposed to be 12, not 2 *OOPS* .... then the Fun begins.... To the Right we Hike up and Over the Mountain !!!!!

shipisland3.sized.jpg

T-BONE ... Does this Look familiar (4-5 miles from the lake) !!!!

goat.sized.jpg

Ahhh..... then a Quick stop over in Stanley for some Breakfast and Back to Boise to be at work by 11AM.....

I think thats the Only way to scout !!!!!!!

Sure is some nice country

A friend of mine just asked if I would be interested in a helocopter scouting trip of his unit and my unit since they are right next to each other.
thinking about it.

Delw

Man o man, that looks to be some tough country Moosie. Just curious how many sheep you counted though? Where are the sheep pics man?

Jesus Oscie, wot you worried about, Go back and look at your photos of where you shot in the Haast for Thar and Chamois, ;) this stuff looks a picnic, c'mon man you can do it with 1 leg
, I wish I could be there to kick your arse up them low gentle hills ;)

Kiwi, Are you talking about this ?

Chamois.jpg

Remember I got to use one of these :

helicopter%20half.jpg

And the hike from Base camp was only a mile or so out....

Now I need to Hike 16 miles of this :

ship_after.sized.jpg

AND.... I get to do it with a 60+ # pack on...every day for 8 straight days. then drive to Colorado and do it again for 7 more straight days....

Then, If I wasn't successfull on the Fist time in sheep hunting, I'll do a few days rest and then go another 10-14 days in.

Not that I'm bragging or anything, But the hunt isn't for Pussies !!!! (But thats why I'm worried ;) )

Ovis We were actually on a Overlay scouting Mission, not a Low flying sheep counting mission. The sheep I'll post in 5 weeks
I know they are there, I jsut need to get in and Get one. (Easy eh ? )

Strange things those pictures do to me.....

Gets me all excited and giddy. But the memories are a little too recent to completely forget about the tough parts.....

Leaving that country last year twice without a ram is bittersweet. Bitter cuz no ram, sweet because i'm alive. The physical part of the hunt was tough, but the psch part was more difficult (for me).

Gets me all excited and giddy. But the memories are a little too recent to completely forget about the tough parts.....
Sounds like a Bad Divorce Tyson ;)

Hopefully this year leaving the Country we will leave the Bitter behind and just bring out teh SWEET memories ;)

Did you realize that you were here almost a month ago and now we have less then a month..... 3 1/2 weeks and Ticking !!!

I might even start working out now ;)

Oscar,

You are out of your ever loving mind. That sounds like a trip that needs horses and a full month.

But, I wish you all the luck in the world!!! I know you have the work part under control....

Westman, I can Truely say that If I'm successfull, I'm guessing it will be because of T-bone. I actualy wanted to get horses for the First 12 miles in but he said "Moosie, You're a Horse, I'm a Horse, Lets not mess with animals". We don't want to rely on anyone elses time frame. We have our schedule set up and backs ready for the trip. down to 2.5 more weeks of training and then a couple days rest..

Lets Check on my training, Yesterday for Lunch I ate a Bacon Burger and Coke and Fry's at Sonic burger. (Donuts for Breakfast) then For Dinner went to A&W and had a Double 1/4 #er meal with a Large coke and fries.... today ate at Angels Blackened Ribs Meal with 4 cokes and For Dinner Pasta Prima vera but drank Koolaid.. Coke was for Desert. Sounds like I'm training well :D :D

PS, NO-ONE noticed (Besides Wylee saying something on the phone) the little Feet in the Tent picture :D

Back