Prayers for SYTES

Sytes
The avatar is an impala, but I'll bring by some pics when I am healthy.

It is really cool to hear how well you are doing. Keep up with the posts!

Sytes,

22 steps, way to go man! You made some mucho progress in a very short time.

Let me know if you any books or anything to keep your non-PT hours occupied, I'm headed that way next week for my daughter's volleyball tournament or I can mail something over as well.

Keep on working at it!

Chris

You and your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers Sytes. Maybe some fishing before hunting, eh? It sounds like a long complicated and hard healing processs, keep up the good work!

What's up?

Apologies all... I had just started posting when nurses entered to do a variety of duties... I hit the post reply not thinking about it, th3 tempen turned my phone off. Along with the other drugs they added an iv for antibodies and new pill, valium. The valium knocks me silly. I have since reduced it to 1/2 pill versus a whole pill.

Anyhow the bit of a hurdle/setback:

Friday eve I came down with a 103 temperature with the right side of my sack about 30% larger then normal. There was a worry I may have some issues with combine or a coincidence... and fear of a relation with my neck.

Needless to say, I wanted NOTHING to do with leaving rehab - the last time it was off to surgery and a lucky second chance at potential recovery... though a 3rd? Pushing it!

Anyhow, ER Doc had blood drawn, ultra sound on the sack, X-rays, cultures in the works. They shifted back and forth on keeping me or letting me return to rehab... I told them i needed to return, no way in hell do I want repeat all I have done IF it was possible to repeat! Apparently he felt my serious attitude and opted to have a neuro surgeon come down (later advised very rare as I would be worked into hi schedule... a heart exists) whom examined all that was gathered, and took off my neck brace - stated he did not feel the neck was involved and the ER Doc cleared me for return to rehab.

Back at rehab at about 11pm, I chucked my cookies (great return to rehab). Woke Saturday and felt a hell of a lot better though due to the above mentioned - I lost yesterday and today from therapy... I was able to convince one pt to let me WORK... So I got one session and frustrated the loss of rehab.

Anyhow, not intended to be this long... a few scary moments is all.

Thanks again everyone!

Keep the attitude during these road bumps. Granted, I for one, do not have even a clue of what you are going through, but am pulling for you to prevail.

Good to hear you're still kicking butt! Better knowing you'll be as tough as this guy when you're out of there, and walking upright to boot ...

Attachments

• Silverback gorilla on all fours.jpg
    Silverback gorilla on all fours.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 371
I will be addong him to my prayers that the Lord moves on him and the doctors and for his family.
Anything like this is very hard on the family as well.

I want to be sure you all know how great your posts are!!! I do not know how to express my appreciation to each of you for your thoughts, prayers and overall motivation!!!

When it gets tough... I re-read your comments! Man, you may or may not know the boost of direction and internal strength you provide!

I was STUNNED to hear from a nurse, "Chuck, there is some Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation guy calling asking for a Charles Sytes???"

Long story short, the great folks at RMEF / David Allen sent an awesome personal card that will join the many that i really appreciate ! They put together a fantastic package of a variety of items including a hardback book of hunting stories, multiple RMEF shirts, hats, dvd and a deck of RMEF cards!!! My wife and i play cribbage often so those are of immediate use!

You know It is so amazing to wrap my mind around how many people care about my progress! When times get tough, all of you supporting my progress come front and center! I do not, will not slack off one bit! I will uphold the appreciation for all supportinbg me!

Anyhow, this post is a thank you to you and everyone in the background supporting me with your thoughts and prayers!

Cheers all!!!! Maybe one day we meet and to the few i have, thanks!

Thanks, ddd & putem2! I have tried to keep my posting only when something big in my book occurs though more and more it seems each day big and bigger things happen!
I'll have to raise my bar of highlight moments!

Still have one session of pt to go for the day though the last session was the same as the 3 steps HOWEVER, I MANAGED TO DO 22 STEPS!!! looked like Frankenstein on drugs probably though... man, I really do believe I'm going to walk again!
When I dropped down into the wheelchair, all I heard was people clapping... think I teared up a bit...

Anyhow, a great day! Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Awesome work Charles, I bet things go exponentially from here. Glad to hear the setback was minimal. Keep at it, your determination is inspiring!

A friend of my son got hurt real bad this weekend on a 4 wheeler, had over three hours of brain surgery saturday evening. I told Jake about what you have gone through and the progress you have made. That picked his spirits up about the chances his friend has of surviving and hopefully returning to a somewhat normal life. Just know that the progress you are making is serving as an inspirations to others. Praying for your continued improvement.

Its great to hear about all the support you are receiving from here. Its nice to know that there are ones that actually care out there and are here for you. Keep us posted and keep at it. Sounds like your doing good. Cant wait to hear that your back home and back at it.

It is great to see the progress you are making, Sytes. In fact we are probably enjoying your recovery more than you, since we dont have the rehab or the trendy hospital clothes. Keep at it.

Back