Posting from a hospital bed

mevertsen

I have a challenging medical history.

2 kidney transplants in 2004 and 2013, likely due to preclampsia my mother had during pregnancy. Married in 2013 to my wife who also had a 7 year daughter. We also have a 5 year old daughter.

Started getting a fairly sharp pain in my lower right abdomen on Wed.

It became worse on Thursday night to spreading through and around my back.

My wife had to take our oldest daughter to get a consultation on wisdom teeth removal, so I was home with my 5 year old daughter Thursday evening and most of yesterday. We camped out in the living room for fun, but I had to move to my bed as the p a in was getting worse.

I couldn't do very much yesterday and started a fever, and more body aches.

When my wife got home she brought me to the ER.

CT scan and ultrasound both neg. For appendicitis and deep blood clots. No other apparent organ failure issues.

Extreme pain and a fever, plus slightly elevated white blood cells.

Suspicion is peritonitis, so they admitted me to get my pain and fever stabilized, and IV antibiotics. Local hospital called my nephrologist, so they will work in concert today while we wait for blood and urine cultures to come back.

No visitors due to covid19 which is making it hard on my wife and girls.

Please send a prayer for calm for my family.

Thank you.

Fight the good fight brother. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Prayers sent! Was in your shoes in early July. Keep calling, video phoning, and sending photos to the family. And best wishes for your full recovery.

So strange to not be able to visit loved ones in the hospital. Tough for you as well as them. Something like this every hour or so kept my family at least a little more reassured.
20200702_140530.jpg

Last edited:
Wisdom for the diagnosticians, strength and healing for the patient, and comfort for the family holding down the home front.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back