Caribou Gear

Posing

Photos are crappy, you should be sorry. Way to come out "punching". My turn next week.

Oink! Oink!

What you been feeding that buck Greenie? That is the biggest bodied buck I have seen in a long, long, time.

Congrats to both of you! Great bucks.

Very nice!!! That 3pt is definitely a porker... Did you age it? I'm wondering if it wasn't on the twilight of its antler growth.

Guts smell??

He wasn't stinked up and the meat is like butter.. laugh it up, it's true. I like all that nasty muley buck stories I hear and although some might be true, I've shot a lot of old bucks in November that taste damn fine and are not tough.

I killed one 5-6 years ago that stunk so bad you couldn't be in the kitchen when you defrosted the meat in the microwave.

How much do you think that buck weighed on the hoof? He's a freaking beast.

Bambi, on the hoof.. I have a guess, but I will keep it to myself to avoid being laughed at. I had to bone and backpack him out, but did measure the chest girth before dressing.. 58". They make deer live/dressed weight tapes that project weight based on chest girth.. but I've yet to see one that goes that high. This is my 4th mule deer that is over 52" girth.. this one's the biggest I've seen.

Here' a site with a table.. but it only goes up to 48", so it's just a guess..
http://www.askthemeatman.com/estimate_deer_weight.htm

KurtDeer2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back