Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Population Growth and Hunting in Rocky Mountain States

Guess I won't be moving to Japan anytime soon.
Changing your profile picture to a samurai is basically the same thing as living there, so no big deal, been there done that.

The whole gun permit process there possibly seems like a massive pain in the ass, but I suppose relatively to the US it is almost everywhere. Which raises the question, is samurai sword a legal method of take?

Last edited:
You can rent some of these abandoned houses for around $85 a month. You can purchase some of these properties for around $8K or less. Some are even free.

Also, there are a few species of upland game birds to hunt, as well as goose & duck.

I've spent most of my morning looking at these properties, right up until my wife walked and shut it down hard.

Guess I won't be moving to Japan anytime soon.
Keep it up. Blow up hunting in Japan to take some pressure off of Montana.

Changing your profile picture to a samurai is basically the same thing as living there, so no big deal, been there done that.

The whole gun permit process there possibly seems like a massive pain in the ass, but I suppose relatively to the US it is almost everywhere. Which raises the question, can is samurai sword a legal method of take?
Today, Japan has a Sword and Firearms Law which, much like gun control laws around the world, governs the possession and use of weapons in public. The purchase and ownership of certain swords within Japan is legal if they are properly registered, though the import and export of such items is tightly controlled, particularly in the case of items that might be labeled as national or cultural artifacts. Swords that are not produced by licensed smiths (including all machine-made swords) are prohibited for individuals. Japanese military swords are legal in Japan if they were made with traditional materials and methods, as swords produced by such methods are not seen only as weapons but also as works of art. Swords produced by mass production methods are seen solely as weapons and are thus illegal.

IDK about method of take, but here's a 17th century blade that's only the cost of like 7 or 8 Savage 99's. https://www.samuraimuseum.jp/shop/p...rd-katana-unsigned-norinaga-nthk-certificate/

Swords today are all cerakoted metal & plastic pommels. Sad. No work ethic left anymore!

One word. Taimen.

And maral stags. Okay. Three words.

Ben can be a samurai. I want to be Ghengis Kan. Without the decimating thing. That whole bit sounds rather icky and distasteful.
That’s a good point. I also think Mongolia seems underrated. I knew a professor at MSU who spent a bunch of time in Mongolia and made it sound pretty badass.

One word. Taimen.

And maral stags. Okay. Three words.

Ben can be a samurai. I want to be Ghengis Kan. Without the decimating thing. That whole bit sounds rather icky and distasteful.

Everybody wants to be the dictator until they find out just how much f#$%ing paperwork goes along with it on the administrative side.

You know what killed Ghengis Khan? Not filling out your damned TP reports. That's what.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back