Poor bastard

Wyhunter

I came across this poor bastard out archery whitetail hunting in wyoming yesterday. Looks like he was trying to get the velvet off and wrapped himself up. Ive been hunting my whole life and easily put over a 100 miles on my boots each year. This is my first legit dead-head

Attachments

• 20210917_091111.jpg
    20210917_091111.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 306
Agreed, I’ve greatly considered carrying wire cutters and on public land, never raising my leg up again. It’s terrible.
Fact of the matter- Congress has mandated grazing on most public lands. Vandalizing things does absolutely nothing to resolve that, and just wastes taxpayer money when someone has to go fix it. Costs to fix vandalism and trash on public lands are not insignificant, and I for one would sure rather see that money spent on habitat work or something useful.

Go comment on the next fencing or grazing EA or management plan if you’re really upset about it. Or call your Congressional representatives.

Barbed wire may suck, but I've seen a lot more deer caught on woven wire. Woven wire with a single strand of barbed across the top is the worst.

There is a very large perimeter fence where I work, 4' woven with a strand of barbed wire across the top. There is at least one deer leg hanging per mile at all times.

Dang that’s a bummer looks to be a pretty good buck

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back