MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Poll: which Leupold to choose?

Which Leupold rifle scope?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well after taking into account everyones recommendations and talking to Leupold and @schmalts I ended up purchasing a VX3i 4.54.5-14x40mm (30mm) side focus CDS-ZL w/ windplex reticle.
By far the biggest investment I've ever put into a optic of any kind and I can't wait to get it mounted to my rifle. I appreciate all the help (y)

Last edited:
I vote for the VX3I. I have 40mm and 50mm scopes. I can get by with a 40, but like a 50mm better.

As long as the reticle is clean without all the hash marks, I’m good. A good regular, wide reticle is perfect for me.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
None of the above. A VX-3i 4.5-14x40 will do everything you’d want on a 7 mag and more. Have several of them on everything from .22-250 to a .325 wsm.
If you can swing it a VX5HD 3-15x44 is much better glass for the money IMO.

None of the above. A VX-3i 4.5-14x40 will do everything you’d want on a 7 mag and more. Have several of them on everything from .22-250 to a .325 wsm.
If you can swing it a VX5HD 3-15x44 is much better glass for the money IMO.
I ended up purchasing a VX-3i 4.5-14x40 CDS-ZL. Will hopefully be here Tuesday. I'll post up a pic when I receive it

Well after taking into account everyones recommendations and talking to Leupold and @schmalts I ended up purchasing a VX3i 4.54.5-14x40mm (30mm) side focus CDS-ZL w/ windplex reticle.
By far the biggest investment I've ever put into a optic of any kind and I can't wait to get it mounted to my rifle. I appreciate all the help (y)
Excellent choice and will probably be mine as well.

Well after taking into account everyones recommendations and talking to Leupold and @schmalts I ended up purchasing a VX3i 4.5-14x40mm (30mm) side focus CDS-ZL w/ windplex reticle.
Good choice! I have that scope on my .300 Weatherby and my 7 mm RM. So far the only animal that I've shot with it was a Dagestan Tur that we ranged at 327 yards. I dialed the turret to that distance and when we got to where he quit tumbling, we saw that my bullet had hit exactly where I had aimed.

I also have a VX3i 4.5-14x40mm 1" CDL on my Vanguard .308 Win and a VX3i 3-9x40mm 1" CDL on my Vanguard .223. I have marked the ranges out to 430 yards on the top of these turrets and I find it easy to just dial the range then hit the steel gongs that our range has at those distances.

I also have a VX3 4.5-14x40mm 1" with their B&C reticle on my .257 Ackley. Its quick to use, but it took me a while to adjust the 100 yard zero to match the impact points at 200, 300, and 400 yard targets with the vertical hash marks.
Write this info down and don't loose it.

I'll have to take some pictures later without the scope cover but this is what its on.
7mm Rem Mag Weatherby Vanguard with
Leupold backcountry ringsView attachment 161129
What size is your scope objective? I need the lowest setup on a T3X Lite for a VX5HD with a 42mm bell. Not sure if I want to get the medium backcountry one piece or go with the 2 piece steel base and low rings.

What size is your scope objective? I need the lowest setup on a T3X Lite for a VX5HD with a 42mm bell. Not sure if I want to get the medium backcountry one piece or go with the 2 piece steel base and low rings.
40mm objective

I went with the backcountry rings as I like the thought of less parts to align properly or break

Medium height? If so, I hope it's not asking much but could you take a picture of the spacing between the scope obj and the barrel? Thanks!
I dont mind at all.
I believe they are medium height, ill have to check the packaging to make sure.
It will be late tonight before I can get a picture for you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back