Political/warranty calls broke the scale!

My last name is Norwegian, but it also happens to be a surname for a hundred thousand Chinese people. So many times a week, some bastard in China calls me - often with a 406 number.

The telemarketers and scammers must have some way to identify your location, and poach the prefix of another number when they pass their call through. I know because before I figured it out, some Chinese-speaking dirtbag from Butte, MT called me, but when I called it back just to see what would happen, some guy who definitely wasn't Chinese was like, "Dude, I did not call you", and I believed him.

I did the exact same thing.

Care to elaborate?

Essentially: If you sign up for a political campaign email list or give a donation it’s likely your contact info will go into a Rolodex that will later be sold to other political campaigns for similar candidates.

I think there’s like two main consulting firms (one for each party) who traffic this info. It’s especially annoying now that they send texts. Big data is power these days, especially in Washington.

Back when I’d worked the phones on past campaigns we just got the public lists of registered voters in our district, picked up the phone and actually called them. We asked for a vote or at least consideration instead of all the current pestering for donations.

A grateful countdown until this, soon to conclude, political hell on wheels - burning out my phone!

This doesn't count for the two I flagged as spam before considering a screen pic for this thread.

Screenshot_20221107-220249-764~2.png

Thank God I’m not getting these
Do you use a different # for comments on this or that issue or give a false #?

My contacts have been from FWP to the various State and Federal Representatives (R&D). Registered Independent. It's about 75% R 25% D texts. Seems most require a # to complete the comment.

If you guys have AT&T, download the Active Armor app. You can set it up to send Spam, Political, Telemarketer, Fraud calls, etc... to either be blocked or sent to Voicemail.

I get virtually no junk phone calls that actually ring to my phone. You can even set it up to not ring any calls from numbers that aren't in your phone book. Over time, the number of attempts decreases too. It's fantastic.

Screenshot_20221107-204735_AT&T ActiveArmor Mobile Security.jpg

Having my number and name in the Federal motor carrier registry as a business has inundated me with calls, emails and junk mail…

I have found it’s rather easy to “show them the same respect” for continuously sending me spam and junk and the phone calls…

“You don’t have to be so disrespectful…”

Uh, pardon me, but how disrespectful is it for your business to continue to send me crap after requesting that I bee taken off your mailing(email) list. How disrespectful is it to be calling me when I’m registered on the “do not call” registers.

You get what you deserve…

It generally stops the junk from coming at that point.

Zinke keeps calling.
The R texts typically have a Zinke/Trump woohoo deal. It's so excessive it turns me off w/o considering who represents what...

@grizzly_ I'm in Verizon and your post should be advertisement for AT&T. Almost has me dumping the big V.

Do you use a different # for comments on this or that issue or give a false #?

My contacts have been from FWP to the various State and Federal Representatives (R&D). Registered Independent. It's about 75% R 25% D texts. Seems most require a # to complete the comment.
Honestly I’m really not sure what I’m doing. My wife gets them.

Maybe I really am that big of an asshole no one wants to text me. 🤷‍♂️

Having my number and name in the Federal motor carrier registry as a business has inundated me with calls, emails and junk mail…

I have found it’s rather easy to “show them the same respect” for continuously sending me spam and junk and the phone calls…

Uh, pardon me, but how disrespectful is it for your business to continue to send me crap after requesting that I bee taken off your mailing(email) list. How disrespectful is it to be calling me when I’m registered on the “do not call” registers.

Screenshot_20221107_200007.jpgScreenshot_20221107_200027.jpg

I usually tell them I'm an illegal alien and exempt from the made up taxes, licenses, and insurance

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back