Podcast Episode #2

my favorite hunting moments have been how close I can get, and a few times it's been close

snuck up to a 3x3 mulie bedded in the sage brush to 6 feet - started from 600 or so yards, muzzleloader season. On another muzzleloader hunt I was trying to get my oldest son his first doe, I saw where a fawn laid down when her mom ran off. We snuck right up to her from about 80 yards. When we got to the sage brush I knew she was at my son was standing there thinking she had snuck out somehow. I took my gun and pointed it at her, she was about 3 inches from the end of the barrel. We didn't pull the trigger on her, but it was fun.

These last two pod casts are the only ones I have every listened to, so I really don't have any way of judging them against any other pod cast. That being said, I really enjoyed listening to them. To me they had the feel of the conversations I have had sitting around a campfire or maybe at lunch time talking to the guys. I liked the conversation and the comedy. To me that's real stuff. I found them very informative and I wished I could have piped in a couple of times.

I found them very informative and I wished I could have piped in a couple of times.

Me too!! Dan is about my age and when he made the comment that he wasn't discouraged about the point systems, I wanted to chime in with my opinion in the worst way because I feel the exact opposite!

It's a great podcast and I also wish it would be longer. I'd rather listen to Randy and friends drone on about hunting for 3 hours than listen to the same old songs on the radio for the millionth time.

Regarding the Meateater podcast - I really enjoy it as well and, in my opinion, the last two episodes were by far the best.

Keep up the good work Randy!

I finished listening to this episode yesterday. As others have said, great work on this new production! I also agree with the thoughts that 2 or 3 hours would be even better. I have a two-hour commute each day, so I have lots of time to listen to things more interesting than the same old songs on the radio.

It seems in most cases, the hardest part of a group discussion is the logistics of getting people together in the same room. Once that is accomplished, spending another hour talking is easy.

I do think Flatland Crusoe has a valid point with an hour limit helping focus the conversation. So, I'll toss this out as an idea: Keep the current hour format for the primary episode, then if the guests have time, record a second session with no time limit - just let the conversation flow, dig deeper into the topics discussed in the first hour, whatever.

This suggestion comes with no knowledge of what editing or publishing work is required, or if there would be extra cost from iTunes and Stitcher to publish more episodes.

Thanks again for making these podcasts! I'll be looking forward to #3.

Land transfer, thanks for the explanation, living where i do i never really understood it, i have a grasp of it now, 're-package the turd' is a great quote i will use myself!
Cheers
Richard

Just got done listening to both of the podcast and all I can say is "Finally"! Topics were great and really get to the heart of some of the things us hunters discuss and think.

I do think that the only way this gets any better is for you to get on the radio or publish the topics that will be cover a few days prior to recording and let us chime in with some specific questions (from the forum) to include in podcast.

In the last episode you talked about preference points and whether this was affecting the younger hunters perspective of applying for a tag and I would agree with Dan right now that it probably isn't but I do think if things keep going the way it is with tag prices, we will see a drop in our younger hunter. Hunting isn't just about shooting a deer, elk or any other animal to me, it is about sharing this great experience with my family and friends. So, each year I pay up to an around $1000-1500 on tags/permits but when will the price be out of the majority of the hunters reach? At what point will a parent say to his son or daughter that we just can’t afford to go hunting in other states. Some hunters may believe that non-resident hunters should pay the extreme cost but this isn’t about what I would pay it about getting and keeping our youth involved in hunting and retaining and maintain our resources. We are not the ones that will continue to fight for our rights between state and national leaders, it is our youth and I believe we have to look deeper into how we maintain youth involvement.

Thanks Randy for the great podcast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back