Poacher arrows Bullwinkle in CO

Cross reference that hat with that bow with that quiver with those arrows and BAM, got him. TV does it in less than an hour.
If it were only that easy!!! But people are usually their own worst enemy, he'll probably blab to somebody

I wish you were right that but unfortunately that's only how it works on TV
sorta. AI is pretty incredible. They were able to scour a lot of pics and footage to find a few of the more recent mass shooter and bombers pretty damn quick.

I mean, has anyone else used AI in their photos to find people? It's pretty crazy how good it is.

For cases like this they need to have a permanent bonus point for all species in Colorado that lead to the arrest and conviction of the person.
Not permanent, but you can get a preference or weighted point of your choice. Turn in a deer poacher, get an extra sheep weighted point, etc. There used to be one sheep applicant that had 2 more weighted points than everyone else. He failed to apply or purchase a point the last couple of years and is back to the pack. But if you look back through the old stats you will see it.

sorta. AI is pretty incredible. They were able to scour a lot of pics and footage to find a few of the more recent mass shooter and bombers pretty damn quick.

I mean, has anyone else used AI in their photos to find people? It's pretty crazy how good it is.
Unless this dude left a note on the moose carcass threatening to kill the president, CPW won't have access to that kind of tech

Unless this dude left a note on the moose carcass threatening to kill the president, CPW won't have access to that kind of tech
that's definitely true, but tech only gets better and cheaper and more readily available.

Cross referencing hunting licenses to drivers licenses photos in a major metropolitan area and analyzing the data is a near impossible task.

First it assumes they're local. It assumes they have both a hunting license AND a driver's license. They have as an up-to-date local address on their drivers license AND their hunting license. It assumes he has an accurate DL photo with no significant change in appearance. It assumes CPW has the staff and ability to run 300k licenses against 2 million male drivers. Since we're talking about the Denver Metro area... it assumes they identify as a male...

and the list goes on and on...a far cry from simple police work. That ain't banging on doors in a town of 5k people.

This is how it will happen.

The guy will get caught by the great photo they have of him if CPW is able to put it in front of the right people. Hopefully, it's a short search and a steep fine.
Exactly right. If you were out pouching, why on earth would you purchase a hunting license?
And we don’t even want to weigh the odds his DL address is correct.
Staff shortages what they are, yea, its not that simple.

I got $20 says a pissed off girlfriend turns him in.

Exactly right. If you were out pouching, why on earth would you purchase a hunting license?
And we don’t even want to weigh the odds his DL address is correct.
Staff shortages what they are, yea, its not that simple.

I got $20 says a pissed off girlfriend turns him in.
I misspelled poaching 😂

Or Mexican or Chinese? Sheesh.

What, you cant say Mexican or Chinese any more? Does that offend you or something? Perhaps I should have said "Asian".

Not sure if they ask you your race when you create an account or not but I think its pretty safe to say that he isn't a White Caucasian, and he isn't a African American.
So, to me, that's narrowing down the field pretty quickly.

He was hunting unit 511, during archery season, and it is an OTC Archery Elk unit.

Cross reference anyone other than white and black men under the age of 35 that bought an OTC Archery Elk license and start comparing drivers license photos against the trail camera photo. Start with people hunters who live in Woodland Park. And expand search from there.

What could there possibly be.....100 matches???

I have seen exactly 1 "Asian" archery elk hunter in all of my travels in the Colorado wilderness since the year 2000....and I have spent a lot of time in the woods. As a matter of fact I have seen more naked women in the woods in Colorado than I have Asian archery elk hunters.

Seriously though, it doesn't seem like a huge task to do this if they truly wanted to catch the guy.

Someone always asks “what?” What can we do to make it tougher on poachers…
Well for starters, why in the phuck is it a misdemeanor but if I argue with my wife too loudly, it’s a pfma and I can lose all gun rights period, not just for hunting—but to defend myself against danger.?
Whatever the punishment is, it certainly won’t likely be enough.

Mexican? Chinese? What am I missing here? Isn't he native American? Probably hunting moose without a state license, and trying to do anything about it will open up a can of worms. I've been putting in for a moose license for 40 years here in Montana and never drawn one, but watched the same "tribal members" kill them year after year. Not one of the so called tribal members I run into look native American, or live on a reservation.

What, you cant say Mexican or Chinese any more? Does that offend you or something? Perhaps I should have said "Asian".

Not sure if they ask you your race when you create an account or not but I think its pretty safe to say that he isn't a White Caucasian, and he isn't a African American.
So, to me, that's narrowing down the field pretty quickly.

He was hunting unit 511, during archery season, and it is an OTC Archery Elk unit.

Cross reference anyone other than white and black men under the age of 35 that bought an OTC Archery Elk license and start comparing drivers license photos against the trail camera photo. Start with people hunters who live in Woodland Park. And expand search from there.

What could there possibly be.....100 matches???

I have seen exactly 1 "Asian" archery elk hunter in all of my travels in the Colorado wilderness since the year 2000....and I have spent a lot of time in the woods. As a matter of fact I have seen more naked women in the woods in Colorado than I have Asian archery elk hunters.

Seriously though, it doesn't seem like a huge task to do this if they truly wanted to catch the guy.
I agree with you and feel they they likely did this and struck out and that's why they posted the article. I'm sure they would have rather figured it out themselves and then interview the guy and finally issue the citation. This was their last resort.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back