CO moose poacher convicted of felony, game cam saw it all.

elkduds

A felony, big fine, still no jail time.

A felony, big fines, still no jail time.
Well he did and its just deferred as part of a plea.

"Samuelson received a two year deferred jail sentence on the felony charge, meaning it will be waived if he meets the terms of the plea agreement, and two years unsupervised probation.

In addition, Samuelson was fined nearly $20,000 and surrendered the bow he used to poach the moose as well as other property that contained evidence of the crime including his cellphone. Samuelson also was assessed 65 points against his hunting license, with just 20 needed to suspend his hunting privileges."

Honestly, I think that is quite the penalty for this. He didn't plea out of the felony charge which is huge as it prevents him from owning a firearm now. That alone drastically reduces his hunting opportunities. I'm not sure exactly how the Colorado point system works, not sure how soon the 65 points go away but it mentions that since its over 20, he lost his hunting privilege in not only Colorado but the other states in the wildlife violator compact group as well. 20k plus the surrendered items and maybe lawyer/court fees too?

I feel good about the punishment on this one unlike so many others where I'm feeling mad that they got off "cheap".

With his license suspended in Co I believe most other states honor that as well

He has been blocked/banned from the Kansas Hunting/Fishing group on Facebook. Some members wished that he could still log in/participate so that he could be shamed for his actions.

A felony, big fine, still no jail time.
Ifd they put him in ail he wouldn't be out to get caught again right away. Loss of revenue!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back