Link To All CO Big Game Season Structure Town Halls - Durango - Monday - May 22nd -

BrokenArrow

Come one, come all to the CPW circus….
Hopefully your comments can be heard.
Look for a show in your town with this link:

Attachments

• F262B3E6-5E46-4340-923C-2208028A0092.jpeg
    F262B3E6-5E46-4340-923C-2208028A0092.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Unfortunately people would rather complain than actually have to put some effort into being a participant in the process. Steamboat had a grand total of 4 people actually show up to voice their opinions.

Reactions: Oak
Summary of inputs. I pulled this from a friends post on another site. He did live "updates" on that site during the meeting. They are accurate ~

- Live survey: 85% of the room voted to limit both OTC archery and rifle tags.
- Live survey 2: 78% of room voted for limited license Thru draw vs OTC with caps.
- #3: 50% voted for statewide limitation, limited for NR only. This is in reference to alternative for OTC archery

- #4: OTC alternative for Rifle:
53% of room voted for statewide limitation, limited for both R and NR.
40% for statewide limitations, limiting NR only.
0% for OTC private land only
6% for status quo.

-Seems apparent that there is not anywhere near enough support to move Mzl season out of archery/Sept season.
-The room “strongly opposes”adding rifle deer opportunists during 1st rifle

Again, this is what was found during the live polling at the meeting.
Please show up and vote!!!!

Thanks for the update. Seems like it might finally be sinking in that unlimited OTC tags be it bow or gun is no way to manage a resource. Glad to hear the opposition to 1st rifle deer not a fan of the idea mainly for selfish reasons as I enjoy 1st rifle elk season and it's lack of crowding.

The CPW has everybody’s emails. Why don’t they email out these dates about these meetings to people? The only way I know about these things is because of the people who post about it on a forum. I know I tell everybody I know that hunts about the meetings and they all tell me they never heard anything about it. If CPW wants participation then there needs to be a better job of informing the hunters.

The CPW has everybody’s emails. Why don’t they email out these dates about these meetings to people? The only way I know about these things is because of the people who post about it on a forum. I know I tell everybody I know that hunts about the meetings and they all tell me they never heard anything about it. If CPW wants participation then there needs to be a better job of informing the hunters.
Have you signed up? I got an email.

This one came 6 minutes ago.

View attachment 277323
Apparently I’m on the wrong list. I definitely get emails to renew my 4wheeler sticker even though I sold it and requested it to be removed from my account. But when they send out information I would like to know I don’t receive it. I guess what I’m getting at is you shouldn’t have to go looking for this info, ie special email lists. It should be presented to everyone. Something as simple as a yearly letter when you purchase your fishing/small game license.

This one came 6 minutes ago.

View attachment 277323
Got this one too. Based on the emails, sounds like the open house style gets you directly in front of staff, but town halls involve polling.

I have a conflict on June 8 for the Denver meeting, which is a bummer as that’s the open house style for our region.

Going to make the June 15 in FoCo

Last edited:
Apparently I’m on the wrong list. I definitely get emails to renew my 4wheeler sticker even though I sold it and requested it to be removed from my account. But when they send out information I would like to know I don’t receive it. I guess what I’m getting at is you shouldn’t have to go looking for this info, ie special email lists. It should be presented to everyone. Something as simple as a yearly letter when you purchase your fishing/small game license.
In your defense it was an email about the winter kill and that was buried at the bottom.

I'm hoping some of the live data at meetings gets pooled and actually looked at by staff.
Based on my opinion of harvest reporting (not scientific) and me harping about that it should be mandatory at every meeting I've attended for the last 15 years, I doubt it. But, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I can’t make it to an open house, but man I’d like to ask CPW staff this question: what can we do to help you guys get your initiatives passed through commission? (Thinking of how we can help them kill point banking as an example)

Back