Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Please delete my password

Apparently hurt feelers precipitated the exit. None of us are a big enough cog to dictate to Randy's mission and treasure expenditure. I do get the elegiacal support, but it appears butthurt is contagious.

very nicely stated

I did not know the gentleman and until I walk a mile in his shoes I will refrain from "piling on" so to speak. I am sure he had his reasons and I hope he didn't make his decision hastily and now regrets doing so. But if he did, I am sure he will be able to re-join.

I try not to take things to seriously and even try to insert a bit of humor into my posts. None of us are going to get out of this life alive---well maybe Panda Bear as her people believe they come back as different animals (-:

I always tell my young lawyers - you gotta choose, do you want to win or do you want everybody to know you are right - pick one because you often can't have both. If you merely sing for the choir and drive away your potential allies you may be passionate, but you are rarely effective.

I pray those young souls choose to be right. Winning means less then nothing if you’re not.,

I pray those young souls choose to be right. Winning means less then nothing if you’re not.,

I didn't mean to win a bad or immoral outcome. I did not say choose between winning or doing good. I clearly said, "wanting everybody to know you are right". I am talking about the arrogance of having your own way be the only way - that one's ego and rigidity can prevent one from seeing a better outcome and bringing others along with you to a good and moral outcome - that is the win.

[edited to remove unnecessary snark]

Last edited:
Apparently hurt feelers precipitated the exit. None of us are a big enough cog to dictate to Randy's mission and treasure expenditure. I do get the elegiacal support, but it appears butthurt is contagious.

I feel the need to express my admiration for a man that can use both 'elegiacal' and 'butthurt' in the same sentence. Bravo.

I didn't mean to win a bad or immoral outcome. I did not say choose between winning or doing good. I clearly said, "wanting everybody to know you are right". I am talking about the arrogance of having your own way be the only way - that one's ego and rigidity can prevent one from seeing a better outcome and bringing others along with you to a good and moral outcome - that is the win. Trained many a lawyer who got it. Not surprised you would be the one who didn't.
I didn't mean to win a bad or immoral outcome. I did not say choose between winning or doing good. I clearly said, "wanting everybody to know you are right". I am talking about the arrogance of having your own way be the only way - that one's ego and rigidity can prevent one from seeing a better outcome and bringing others along with you to a good and moral outcome - that is the win. Trained many a lawyer who got it. Not surprised you would be the one who didn't.

My apologies. To me it appeared to be a moral question you weighted toward the “win” at any cost. I didn’t have enough context in your original statement to assume otherwise. Guess I’m slow that way.

My apologies. To me it appeared to be a moral question you weighted toward the “win” at any cost. I didn’t have enough context in your original statement to assume otherwise. Guess I’m slow that way.
Fair enough - edited accordingly.

“To me if you’re passionate about firearms and hunting rights you would naturally
Good point. I do respect people who think differently politically. Heck I live in The People’s Republic of Kalifornia so if I hated everyone on the left I’d have a miserable existence. But to support the party that opposes guns with more restrictions every month and then be on a hunting forum seems inconsistent to me. I’m not bashing the lefties on here. My wife’s whole family are lefties and I love them. They don’t proclaim to be hunters though. To me if you’re passionate about firearms and hunting rights you would naturally be on the side defending the 2A. Some folks on here are VERY left and their anti-republican rants can be annoying. You are right though. Better to not get butt hurt and just agree to disagree. I don’t really know the OP but I assumed that was what burnt his butt. VikingsGuy is right too. You don’t see direct anti hunting posts on here. You just see left support which to me is indirectly anti hunting.

By that logic you could say "if you are right leaning you are anti public land". Because it is only the republicans that are pushing the PLT agenda.

Last edited:
I tire of some of the threads that are hard to reconcile with me becoming a better outdoors person or having more enjoyment on my next adventure. I enjoy the recaps. I have jumped in on some of the conspiracy threads when I was optimistic that providing some additional datapoints might be useful but ignorance is a stubborn master.

I will probably only leave here when I die. Where else is there to shoot the breeze with people that actually get out and hunt the West? I left MM years ago when was obvious they were not really interested in anything other than hunting UT for 400" elk and 30" wide mule deer unless it involved spreading tag grabs to other states as a way to create additional slush funds. I enjoy Bowsite but my left elbow cried Uncle years ago so do not even own a bow today.

I check in on several hunt forums from time to time though none of those forums are as active with hunters focused on big game in the West. Some of those forums might get an interesting thread once a week that gets more than 10 replies. I think HF even shut down their forum and they have over 10,000 subscribed verified members to seed a forum yet never got a critical mass of activity.

There are a few forums that that focus on just Alaska, Oregon, Coues deer, etc and I can burn hours at one of those forums once or twice a year catching up on interesting threads.

Forums are content-creators and there is never enough good content to consume for someone passionate about a subject. This is as true about hunting as any subject. What Moosie launched then Big Fin nurtured in subsequent years is definitely a blue ribbon product even when a few warts show up and need frozen off.

Dang, OnPoint will be missed. Lots of knowledge and enjoyed his posts and advice.

Still, this forum has waaaay more productive discussion than any I have been on, and it is civil for the most part. Tons of knowledge about hunting, fishing, and a place where I find out a lot of conservation news. However, there do seem to be a few members recently who just want to stir the pot

6 pages about a guy that quit. Must be a record!
It is that time of year, nothing to hunt and with the loads worked up for the fall. Nothing to do but set back and watch train wrecks and help bury someone that was kind enough to dig his own grave. RIP

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back