Pigeons- they gotta go

Alright, I need the best pigeon removal remedies for the suburbs.

When I lived in Butte, America we shot them. Sometimes with pellet guns, sometimes with sub sonic .22 lr.
We were even paid by downtown businesses to do this and the police allowed it. Like I said... America.

Now, I live in an Arizona suburb. 1/3-1/2 my street have moved in from California in the last year. I don’t think standing on the street and plinking pigeons off my roof is an option.
What do I do? Poisoned corn? A fake owl? Let’s hear it.
I suggest front yard with the pellet rifle if legal and wrapped in bacon on the grill.
Edit: Also What the heck were you thinking making such a move! Trying to burn AZ points you bought the family.😂

Last edited:
Grain fed farm pigeon is pretty damn good. Not sure if I would sample city pigeons. That being said, I think you should stop being a sally and detonate a bird bomb in your backyard.
Oh man a bag of corn and a few lbs of tannerite now we are talking. I have no less than 100 on my power line daily getting fat on grain. It's pretty common for me to pop a few with the air rifle for the grill when I get the urge.

Some good advice here. I live pretty close to some big dairy operations and ag fields so even though this is the suburbs, I think these are farm pigeons. Still don’t know if I want to eat them.

I grew up a dairy farm and we were going to eat some until we opened the crop and it was full of manure. Might have tasted just fine, but was a bit biased after that.

Alright, I need the best pigeon removal remedies for the suburbs.

When I lived in Butte, America we shot them. Sometimes with pellet guns, sometimes with sub sonic .22 lr.
We were even paid by downtown businesses to do this and the police allowed it. Like I said... America.

Now, I live in an Arizona suburb. 1/3-1/2 my street have moved in from California in the last year. I don’t think standing on the street and plinking pigeons off my roof is an option.
What do I do? Poisoned corn? A fake owl? Let’s hear it.
Or is it? Totally legal to kill as many pigeons as you want. What are your pellet gun laws?

I’d go the pellet gun route or put up the spikes that keep them from landing there

Where do you find these things? That's a joke right? I mean we have flat-earthers...
Caution - what follows is a really dumb dad joke:

You gotta keep your ear to the ground. For instance, in 2021 all the cool kids are joining the flat Mars society.
It’s a fresh take that’s really outta this world!! 😆

Like a fake plastic owl, they get used to it and it no longer works.
In my experience, anyway.
^^This^^
I tried the fake owl at our old house and it only worked for a couple of days. (n)
As far as using a pellet rifle, mine is actually louder than a .22. We used to have pigeons coming in and eating the chicken scratch before I started shooting them. I found out they mate for life so it wasn't too long before they quit coming to our house completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back