Pigeons- they gotta go

HankFrank

If you want to have a live thread that gives the infamous marmot hunt a run for it's money, you could always go the falcon route. Neighbors will probably have no idea what falconry is and just watch in horror as the pigeons start falling out of the sky.

JDH

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention .22 shot shells. Their range is limited but they work great on birds and no stray bullets. Set a feeder up close to a window. No one will even see you.

BrentD

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention .22 shot shells. Their range is limited but they work great on birds and no stray bullets. Set a feeder up close to a window. No one will even see you.
In my experience, fairly extensive, I find they don't kill a house sparrow reliably past 15 feet. No way I would take on Pigeons with them.

Rzrbk

Tell your neighbors that pigeon flatulence is a major contributor of climate change and that the pigeon is the emblem of GOP. They'll probably go to town on the pigeons. Tom Sawyer approach.

dirtclod Az.

They do make those whisper pellet guns now.
Yep, they are called wrist rockets.
At the sound of my pellet gun, all Roadrunners come running!
Problem solved, except during Quail or Dove season.
Then it's a race for the prize. TOE'S FOR LUNCH 20'.jpg I don't scare easy, but they get that look in their eye...ya' know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntVarmint