Pics of ID sheep hunt (Part 1)

T Bone

Pic of me on the way in. This is just the beginning of the trip at about mile marker 3.
101_0360.jpg

Pic of Oscar on the way in. This is about mile marker 5. Oscar seemed very interested in the ant population the entire trip.
101_0365.jpg

Sheep ahoy!
101_0383.jpg

Oscar and his new spotter. This trip Oscar was a sheep spotting machine.
101_0386.jpg

We spotted the "Big O" ram and planned a 2 day stalk. This is day one of the stalk, notice how this back pack hunting gets Oscar all chiseled?
101_0389.jpg

Here we are camped at the bottom of a canyon. The plan was simple, hike up and over in the pre-dawn darkness and kill "Big O" in the morning.
101_0408.jpg

Big O disappeared, or so we thought. All we could find we goats and more goats where 48 hours ago all we found sheep in the same spot.
101_0410.jpg

Turns out the sheep were right under our noses the entire time. We'd all but given up one morning when the CRACK of head-butting rams brought us to our senses. We schemed a scheme to get within range of the rams, but it didn't work.

I stayed in this area, hoping to wait the rams out. This is where I spent 2 days of being miserable until I figured out this was no normal flu bug. Hopefully Sept 30 I'll be heading back to the area.

Thanks for the pics Tyson. Looking forward to seeing you in a shot with Big O in early October. Will you have a partner for that trip?

that's cool, I wanna do a high country hunt soon...even though I know I won't have enough points, or time next year, I guess I'll start accumulating both

Great pic.s T
I hope you whip up on that tick bug and get back out after the lamb chops.

"Pic of Oscar on the way in. This is about mile marker 5. Oscar seemed very interested in the ant population the entire trip"
He's not looking at ants, he's mooning Boise.

Thanks for sharing T-Bone adn hope you're feeling better...and thanks to you Mooseman for making me feel better about my prehunt conditioning LOL

HAHA... YAH MAke fun of the Guy with the gut. I can Honestly tell you I can Fluctuate more weight faster then anyone I know. the First day did hit me hard, but 9 days and 19# later I was in fighting shape again :) but if any of you Pukes think you can Hang I'd lay coind down on a toe to toe contest. I'm guessing about a handfull could :D

I went through my pictures this morning and picked out and Resized 26 of them. I'll be posting tomorrow hopefully. I have my "I'm Busy" story all ready but I know It get's 280 "off" so I won't post it ;)

Dude, I'm playing every Angle I can to go back in with you but it's not playing out right.... I'm playing the "What if me gets sick again" card and thats the Closest one I've come yet !!!!! MAybe some other Yokle from the board Cough"MTMILLER"Cough would go in with ya ? Hell, you could pick him up along the way. Chit I want to go back in !!

I love that spotting scope pic of the sheep....sweet...hump Papa you need to get some sun on your hide... the "whiteness" was blinding.:D :D

Moosie said:
Dude, I'm playing every Angle I can to go back in with you but it's not playing out right.... I'm playing the "What if me gets sick again" card and thats the Closest one I've come yet !!!!! MAybe some other Yokle from the board Cough"MTMILLER"Cough would go in with ya ? Hell, you could pick him up along the way. Chit I want to go back in !!
We PM'ed and as much as I would love to see the country, chase sheep and hang out with T Bone, Axl would kill me if I skipped the waterfowl opener. Also, unlike you Moosie, I only get 4 weeks of vacation a year and I still have a pile of hunting to do. Best of luck again Tyson. I know you can find Big O again.

Great pics guys. I hope you knock that sickness down quickly and get after big-o. He sounds very impressive. Good luck in the up and coming hunt.

Great pics Tyson! Moosie's offer is tempting and you can pass through Hamilton on the way over. Let me give it some thought and run it by the boss.

Going back in solo would be OK. A partner would be better. I don't mind the physical aspect of a solo hunt, it's the mental part that makes it tough. If that doesn't make sense, I'm guessing it would if you get back in there.

The body is mending itself some. Defineately feeling some improvement over a couple days ago. Hopefully I'll be feeling more fiery come Sept 30th.

The tent is a Kifaru Para-tipi. I like it a lot, especially witht he wood burning stove set during foul weather.

TBone... I sure hope you get the chance at that beast again. Take a ton more pictures if you get back in there again. I love the scenery shots. Just awesome. We don't have that kind of country down here in AZ.

Oh and Oscar... dude.. this just isn't right...

101_0389.jpg

I think you might give me a run for my money on the manboobs... But I know I can whoop ya on the hairy Sasquatch chest, arms, legs, ears, neck, uh... it grows everywhere..... and you call that a gut? Ha my 6mth old has more fat on him than that...

cmc

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back