Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pickup of the Future?

There will always be trucks from the big three with proper V-8 engines of 350 ci or more that are really trucks. An EV truck will be pretty handy for sacks of groceries and the black lab. mtmuley
posers

Never have nor will I drive a Ford...
My old Ranger was never reliable. I briefly drove a 5.4 gas F250 that sidelined me with a cracked head gasket. A coworker has a 2018 F250, gas 6.2 V8 at a little over 40,000 miles. The starter is going out, there’s a small oil leak, and holes worn in the aluminum from a hi lift jack riding in the bed. I would never buy one.

Hey! Don't use your anecdotes to fight someone else's anecdotes!!

Also, my 2000 5.4 F250 has over 270,000 miles with basically no issues, but who's counting.
I know plenty of people who love their Fords. You’re right, anecdotes are anecdotes. I just haven’t had good luck with them personally.

One of my hunting buddies, swore by his F150, so at like 140k he bought a new one (that was probably 5 years ago). 12k the bed split in two. 36k computer went bad (left him stranded in BFE), 39k, water pump went out and due to the computer again left him stranded in BFE.

I'll do an anecode battle all day against F150s!

Tesla and Rivian taking shots at each other in court.

As an aside, I find it surprising that with as tech driven as Tesla is and the money they have at their disposal, they have really poor data loss prevention measures in place.

I felt this review wasn't sugar coating anything...

"If you've never had 826 lb.-ft. of instant, electric torque under your right foot, I can solidly say that you haven't lived."

"The sophisticated traction control system moves the torque where it's needed most, and before I know it, the R1T hits the top of a peak while the Jeeps behind me are still switching into low gear."

"The problem, though, is that the soft sand and low tire pressure kills my range -- I'm getting about 50 miles per charge in the dunes. That's thanks to the incredible power needed to get through this kind of sand, not to mention the intense heat. This isn't just a problem for EVs; gas-powered vehicles are significantly less efficient in the dunes, too."

"Full disclosure, though: Attacking some whoops a little too fast results in me bending a rear control link. Rivian assures me this truck has preproduction parts that aren't fully dialed in, though."

"The Rivian R1T has some mighty strong bones. And if it's this good through the toughest terrain, the fully fleshed-out production model should be nothing short of a game-changer."

It's getting real... Only the mid-level battery (300+ mile) will be available with the June launch. Larger battery (400+ mile) will start shipping Jan 2022. Small battery option (250+ mile) some time after that.
1605135648832.png

That's awesome. I'm still another 200k on my tundra before I'm willing to look at another pickup, but it'll be a rivian.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back