Physical Conditioning @ Home

In these tough times Im down to tying a pork chop around my belt and going for a walk in my developement
( we have several feral dogs running loose here) lol

I've been working out with dumbbells at home and doing sprints but I miss the gym.

I actively stay in shape with a routine all year just for the next elk hunt. Hit the road for my uphill sprints today and it was 105* and 3% humidity. The scorch is on.

I'm blessed to have a full home gym in my basement; treadmill, squat rack with pull up bar, barbell, plates, flat bench, incline bench, kettle bells, slam ball and punching bag. Right now I'm doing a combination of running, barbell training and pushups. My pushup goal is to be able to do 100 in a set. I'm around at around 45 right now, up from 20 four weeks ago. I'd like to be able to do a 30 minute 5K as well, but at 5'5" I'm not exactly built for running. The big barbell numbers to hit for me are a 300lb dead lift, 300lb squat and 200lb bench for 3 reps of 5 each. I have about 50 pounds to go on each.

Earlier this year I did 100 push-ups/day for 30 days.

Running 2-6 miles at a crack 3 to 4 times per week.

Hiking with a 50#+ pack a few miles at a crack. Just ordered new Salomon’s maybe they will help my feet feel better during that.

Various lifts of a 50# sand bag a few times a week.

Makes me at least feel like I’m doing something.

Keep hammering.

I’ve been putting my new old (was my dad’s) mountain bike through its paces in the hills around town. I have determined that a mountain bike is a really good tool for showing you just how out of shape you are. I haven’t done any mountain biking since high school and I’ve been having fun re-learning and making my quads burn.

I’ve been putting my new old (was my dad’s) mountain bike through its paces in the hills around town. I have determined that a mountain bike is a really good tool for showing you just how out of shape you are. I haven’t done any mountain biking since high school and I’ve been having fun re-learning and making my quads burn.
Yes, mountain biking is great. It really shows you the spots where you are a weakling and its surprisingly aerobic.

I really don’t have the patience to work out by myself. But I have started running a little adding weight to my pack and walking. 50 pounds and walking a couple miles.

As of yesterday I’ve decided that when I train my dog for squirrels in the woods I’ll throw on my pack and two birds with one stone. Mostly flat land around here but any change in elevation I make sure to go up and down. A few of those elevation changes brought to my attention that I need to work on leg strength.

Just remember to drink the night before, not night after your workouts. Drinking after workouts snuffs out the testosterone you are creating by exercising. I like to lift... and drink.

I've increased my workouts over previous years, but also increased my alcohol consumption and noticed I'm gaining a few pounds and can't tell if it's muscle or beer gut.
Dude, I’m literally in the exact same shape right now.
I can’t tell if I’m getting abs or a beer gut. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I drink beer and chew while I do cross fit WOD's at my home. I'll admit it slows my times a bit, but a guy's gotta live a lil bit.

Did a flatlander hike today with 55lbs. The first part of it is maybe 300ft of gain over about 1/2 of a mile, the rest is a nature stroll 😂. Worked up slowly from about 30lbs and felt great. Still huffing and puffing but my quads no longer burn.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back