Pheasant Hunter Lives the Adventure

From the article: "McDonald says he hopes that an occurrence like this would never happen if people stay bear aware and make an effort to think about what they are doing. . . . Tribal wildlife officials say though human bear encounters are very rare, hunters are reminded that bears are active this time of year so be prepared for wildlife encounters."

From Louis L'Amour: "Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.”

From me: "But after it's over, if you survive, it's back to being an adventure again. Especially if you have sexy scars. They may even make a movie about you 193 years later. And it's great telling for chicks in bars."

No kidding. It's a big, scary world out here. Stay under the porch Mo. mtmuley

Give the guy a break...I have heard there is pretty good whitetail hunting in upstate N.Y. AND there are a lot of turkeys there too ;)

I got bit on the foot by a squirrel when I was a kid. Watch out for those killer squirrels. They'll nibble you to death.

I don't get it? The guy posts a story about a bear incident and the big dicks come out swinging their keyboards?

I guess only MT residents get to be internet heroes... Well, and you too James.

I don't get it? The guy posts a story about a bear incident and the big dicks come out swinging their keyboards?

Probably has to do with the last grizzly thread Mo ranted in, eh?

Was this a serious thread? A guy got bit in the foot by a bear. So?

Maybe you haven't been reading your daily dose of Mo. If that is the case, then you would not have perceived the passive-aggressive nature of his thread title; nor would you understand why the big dicks took the bait and gave him what he was looking for.

The guy posts a story about a bear incident and the big dicks come out swinging their keyboards?
I resemble that remark. It seems the MT reaction to MO stems from his apparent obsession with any news of a bear encounter, especially if a griz incident. It is further compounded by his distance from the the situation ... upstate New York seems light years away from most Montana good ol' boys. Fortunately, the dissention in the discussion does serve to emphasize the importance to be bear-aware when afield. That's not a bad thing.

You must have missed the previous 4 threads about Mo being skeert of bears and calling for their extermination. And its computer jockeys, NOT internet heroes.

Maybe you haven't been reading your daily dose of Mo. If that is the case, then you would not have perceived the passive-aggressive nature of his thread title; nor would you understand why the big dicks took the bait and gave him what he was looking for.

Nope, I rarely have time for internet forums, much better things to do with my time. But was doing an upload and thought I'd see which horse the posse was beating today. I guess it's Mo and his bears. Hey, I'll suggest that topic for future podcasts, should make for some entertaining campfires.

Is there a posted horse whipping schedule I missed?

Elkstalker, you got it correct. You should renew your MENSA membership....

I'll be back in a few weeks to check your progress on the application.

Nope, I rarely have time for internet forums, much better things to do with my time. But was doing an upload and thought I'd see which horse the posse was beating today. I guess it's Mo and his bears. Hey, I'll suggest that topic for future podcasts, should make for some entertaining campfires.

Is there a posted horse whipping schedule I missed?

Elkstalker, you got it correct. You should renew your MENSA membership....

I'll be back in a few weeks to check your progress on the application.

2200 posts and you don't have time for forums? Do you have a ghost writer?

I rarely have time for internet forums...
It is wise to efficiently manage your time and prioritize reading of internet banter. You're right; you could probably better spend your time elsewhere, rather than having to monitor the discussions joined by the HuntTalk Montana miscreants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back