Yeti GOBOX Collection

PETsMART

ELKCHSR

PETsMART Makes Donation To Humane Society
According to the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance (USSA), the charitable arm of PETsMART Inc., PETsMART Charities, recently made a contribution to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal-rights organization.

PETsMART Charities announced it has given a $15,000 grant to HSUS to fund spay and neuter clinics and pet care sessions in Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia. The USSA says, however, that HSUS isn't a national sheltering organization, as many people believe it to be. The USSA says despite its name, HSUS doesn't operate or oversee any animal shelters or have any legal control over them.

The USSA says in making its donation PETsMART Charities is contributing to a leading animal-rights group whose main goal is to end all animal use, including hunting, fishing and trapping.

The USSA is encouraging sportsmen and sportswomen to send comments to Philip Francis, president and CEO, PETsMART Inc., at 19601 N. 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85027; (800) 738-1385. Comments can also be e-mailed to PETsMART through its Web site, www.petsmart.com/servlet/Mailer.

That sucks.
Petsmart has many anit/hunting groups that use there store.
While not all of the people that work in the petsmart chain are anit/hunting many are.
I used to work at one and now do work for some of the people that work in petsmart.
They do some good stuff in the local area's,but a person should ask and know what any donation is going to,I usually turn them down telling them Im pro hunting,and instead give to the local groups I know are not anit/hunting.
The grey hound rescue group that uses the petsmart store is quite vocal about hunting and dog racing.
I will be calling that number to let them know how I feel about it.
I dont see why a store that depends on the pet market would support that org.
I guess to try to stay on there good side ?
What a crock,petsmart even sell's horse tack and that group is against people riding horses.

mad.gif
mad.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back